Digital Account Executive Resume Examples
Writing a great digital account executive resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own digital account executive resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the digital account executive job you're after.
email@example.com | (569) 054-6755 | St. Louis, MO
I have over three years of experience as a Digital Account Executive. I have successfully managed and delivered digital marketing campaigns for my clients, including email marketing, social media, and SEO. I am skilled in project management and have a proven track record in delivering successful projects on time and within budget. I am also an expert in client relationship management and have developed strong relationships with my clients that are based on trust and mutual respect.
Digital Account Executive at Google, MOApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 4 in executing digital marketing campaigns that generated $2 million in new revenue for the company.
- Ideated and executed a successful social media campaign that increased brand awareness by 25%.
- Successfully managed a portfolio of 15 clients, with an average spend of $50,000 per month.
Associate Digital Account Executive at Yahoo, MOSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Exceeded quarterly sales goals by 15%.
- Secured new business with 3 major accounts, totaling $1.2M in annual revenue.
- Grew existing account spend by 20% year over year.
- Achieved 100% customer satisfaction rating for Q3 & Q4.
- Led team of 4 direct reports to successfully complete digital campaigns on time and under budget.
Bachelor of Science in Marketing at Missouri State UniversityAug 2015 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are effective communication, teamwork, time management, and critical thinking.
- Social media
- Google AdWords
- Microsoft Excel
firstname.lastname@example.org | (560) 761-6226 | Seattle, WA
I am a Digital Account Executive with over 3 years of experience working in the industry. I have worked with clients of all sizes, from small businesses to large corporations. I have a deep understanding of digital marketing and how to use it to achieve success for my clients. In addition, I have excellent communication and organizational skills that allow me to manage projects efficiently and effectively.
Digital Account Executive at Google, WAApr 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and secured a $1MM contract with Coca-Cola for digital advertising.
- Led the development of a successful social media campaign that generated over 100,000 new followers on Facebook and Twitter.
- Developed an award-winning website for client XYZ Corporation that received over 1 million unique visitors in its first month.
- Managed a team of 5 account executives responsible for developing and executing digital marketing campaigns.
- Generated $3 million in revenue from new business acquisitions.
Associate Digital Account Executive at Microsoft, WAAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Successfully managed and grew a book of business from $[x] to $[y] within [time period].
- Achieved or exceeded quarterly sales goals by an average of 20%+.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service resulting in high client satisfaction ratings.
- Proactively identified upselling opportunities with existing clients leading to increased revenue.
- Negotiated favorable contract terms with new clients while protecting company interests.
Bachelor of Science in Marketing at University of Washington, WASep 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are market research, marketing campaigns, social media marketing, and product marketing.
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Facebook Advertising
- Twitter Advertising
- Instagram Advertising
- Snapchat Advertising
Essential Components of a Digital Account Executive's Resume
A Digital Account Executive's resume is a critical tool that showcases their expertise in managing online marketing campaigns. It should highlight their proficiency with digital platforms, analytical prowess, customer service skills, and sales background. A well-crafted resume can be the ticket to securing an interview for this competitive role. In the following sections, we'll delve into the key elements of a resume, explaining the significance of each and offering tips to make your resume stand out to potential employers.
1. Contact Information
Contact Information is crucial for a Digital Account Executive. It should be prominently displayed, ensuring employers can reach you swiftly. Typically, it includes your name, phone number, email, and LinkedIn profile.
- Full Name: Feature your name prominently at the top of your resume in a larger font.
- Phone Number: Provide a reliable number with a professional voicemail message.
- Email Address: Use a professional email address that incorporates your name.
- LinkedIn Profile: An updated LinkedIn profile can enhance your application by showcasing additional details about your professional background.
- Location: Mentioning your city or region can be beneficial, as some employers prefer local candidates.
Double-check this section for accuracy to ensure employers can contact you without issues.
2. Professional Summary or Objective Statement
The Professional Summary or Objective Statement is a brief but impactful section that outlines your skills, experiences, and career goals as they pertain to the Digital Account Executive role. It should convey your understanding of the job and why you're an ideal candidate.
For a Digital Account Executive, highlight your expertise in:
- Digital marketing strategies
- Client account management
- Client relationship development
- Project oversight
- Driving sales performance
Include any significant achievements that demonstrate these skills.
The objective statement should be tailored to each job application, clearly articulating your career objectives and how they align with the company's goals.
Keep this section concise, focusing on your professional strengths and relevant skills.
An example: "Seasoned Digital Account Executive with a five-year track record of managing high-value client portfolios in dynamic digital agencies. Adept at crafting innovative digital marketing strategies that enhance revenue growth. Eager to contribute my expertise to XYZ Company's ambitious goals."
This section introduces the rest of your resume, offering a snapshot of your professional identity.
3. Skills and Competencies
The Skills and Competencies section is a showcase of your digital marketing acumen and professional capabilities. It should feature a mix of hard and soft skills that are essential for the role.
- Digital Marketing Expertise: Proficiency in SEO, SEM, PPC, social media, content marketing, email marketing, and analytics is crucial.
- Sales Skills: Demonstrating the ability to understand client needs, present solutions, negotiate, and manage relationships is key.
- Analytical Skills: The capacity to interpret data and derive actionable insights is vital in the digital landscape.
- Project Management: Organizational skills to manage multiple accounts and meet deadlines are necessary.
- Communication Skills: Clear verbal and written communication is needed for effective idea presentation.
- Technical Proficiency: Familiarity with digital tools like CRM software, project management tools, and advertising platforms is beneficial.
- Creativity: Creative thinking is essential for developing innovative strategies that differentiate clients.
- Teamwork: Collaborating with various departments is part of the role, making teamwork skills important.
- Problem-Solving: Quickly identifying and resolving issues can significantly impact campaign success.
- Adaptability: Staying flexible and adjusting strategies in response to changing digital trends is a must.
Provide examples of how you've applied these skills in your previous roles.
4. Work Experience in Digital Marketing or Sales
Highlight your work experience in digital marketing or sales, detailing your hands-on industry knowledge and ability to handle diverse responsibilities.
Emphasize roles such as Digital Marketing Specialist or Sales Representative, and describe specific duties and achievements, like campaign execution and sales targets exceeded.
Quantifiable results, familiarity with digital platforms, and soft skills like communication and customer focus should be underscored.
Effectively presenting your work experience can make your resume more compelling to hiring managers.
5. Education and Certifications
The Education and Certifications section validates your formal training and expertise. A degree in Marketing or Business Administration is common, and certifications like Google Ads or Facebook Blueprint can set you apart.
- Education: List your degrees and any honors received.
- Certifications: Highlight relevant certifications that demonstrate specialized knowledge.
- Continuous Learning: Mention ongoing education efforts to stay current with digital marketing trends.
- Specialized Knowledge: Include any additional skills that may be beneficial for the role.
Clearly list these qualifications and any related achievements.
Displaying relevant education and certifications shows your commitment to staying at the forefront of the industry.
6. Achievements and Awards
Include Achievements and Awards to provide concrete evidence of your success and dedication. Detail measurable successes and industry accolades, using specific figures to illustrate your impact.
This section helps you stand out by showcasing a history of success and recognition in your field.
7. References or Testimonials
References or Testimonials add credibility to your resume by offering insights from those who have worked with you. Choose references who can attest to your digital marketing and sales expertise, and include testimonials that highlight your work ethic and professional strengths.
Always obtain permission before listing someone as a reference and ensure they are willing to provide a positive endorsement.
Well-chosen references and testimonials can significantly enhance your resume, complementing the evidence of your skills and experience presented throughout the document.