Wordpress Developer Resume Examples
Writing a great wordpress developer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own wordpress developer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the wordpress developer job you're after.
email@example.com | (236) 664-1480 | Oklahoma City, OK
I am a WordPress Developer with over 3 years of experience. I have worked on a variety of projects, both large and small. I have a strong understanding of the WordPress platform and how to create custom themes and plugins. I am also experienced in working with WooCommerce and other e-commerce platforms. In addition to my development skills, I also have excellent communication and project management skills.
Lead Wordpress Developer at Bluehost, OKApr 2022 - Present
- Led the development of a WordPress site that received 1 million unique visitors per month.
- Developed a WordPress plugin that was downloaded 100,000 times.
- Created a custom theme for a client that increased their conversion rate by 20%.
- Wrote an article on Wordpress development that was shared 10,000 times.
- Spoke at a conference onWordPressdevelopment and had 500 attendees.
Senior Wordpress Developer at SiteGround, OKSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led the development of a Wordpress site that received 1 million unique visitors in its first month.
- Developed a custom Wordpress plugin that was installed on 100,000 sites.
- Contributed to theWordpress core codebase and had 5 patches accepted.
- Wrote an article on advanced WordPress development techniques that was published on Smashing Magazine and generated 500,000 pageviews.
- Spoke at 3 WordCamps and 2 other conferences about WordPress Development.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at The University of Oklahoma, Norman, OKAug 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to code in various programming languages, how to use different software development tools, and how to think algorithmically.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (669) 317-9991 | Poughkeepsie, NY
I am a WordPress Developer with over 3 years of experience. I have worked on many projects, both big and small. My skills include custom theme development, plugin development, and eCommerce integration. I am also proficient in HTML5, CSS3, PHP, MySQL, and jQuery. In addition to my technical skills, I have excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
Lead Wordpress Developer at Bluehost, NYJun 2022 - Present
- Led the development of a new WordPress site for a client, from start to finish. The site had 100 unique pages and received over 500,000 pageviews in its first month.
- Improved website speed and performance by implementing caching techniques and optimizing code on several high-traffic WordPress sites. As a result, average page load time was reduced by 50%.
- Developed custom plugins and themes for clients that allowed them to better manage their content and improve the user experience on their websites.
- Successfully migrated several large WordPress sites to new servers with zero downtime or data loss.
Senior Wordpress Developer at WordPress.com, NYSep 2019 - May 2022
- Led the development of a Wordpress site that received 100,000 unique visitors in its first month.
- Developed a custom plugin for a client that increased their sales by 10%.
- Successfully migrated a Wordpress site from HTTP to HTTPS with zero downtime.
- Implemented performance optimizations on a Wordpress site that reduced page load times by 50%.
- Built an e-commerce store using WooCommerce and WordPress which resulted in $120,000 in revenue in the first year.
- Secured a major client's website against attack by implementing industry standard security measures.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at Cornell University, NYSep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to code in various programming languages, how to use different software development tools, how to develop algorithms, and how to solve various computer science problems.
Essential Components for Crafting a Standout WordPress Developer Resume
For WordPress developers, a well-constructed resume is a pivotal tool in the job search process. It's the initial impression you make on potential employers, showcasing your technical expertise, professional experience, and suitability for the role. A standout resume must articulate your proficiency in WordPress development and related competencies. This guide delves into the critical elements of an exceptional WordPress Developer Resume, offering insights into each section to ensure your resume not only captures attention but also positions you as the ideal candidate for the job.
The "Contact Information" section is the gateway for potential employers to reach out to you. It should be concise, accurate, and up-to-date, facilitating easy communication.
- Full Name: Place your professional name prominently at the top of your resume.
- Phone Number: Provide a reliable contact number, whether mobile or landline.
- Email Address: Use a professional email address appropriate for business correspondence.
- LinkedIn Profile: Include a link to your polished and current LinkedIn profile.
- Portfolio Link: Showcase your work with a link to your portfolio, highlighting WordPress projects you've developed or contributed to.
- Location: Mention your city and state to indicate your geographical relevance to the job, if applicable.
- Skype ID/Zoom ID: Offer these IDs to simplify remote communication for interviews.
Ensure all contact details reflect a professional image and are regularly updated.
Objective or Summary Statement
A concise Objective or Summary Statement is essential, providing a snapshot of your career goals and key qualifications. It should be engaging and tailored to the WordPress Developer role, highlighting your technical skills, experience with WordPress, and understanding of web technologies.
Customize this section with keywords from the job posting to enhance ATS recognition.
Example: "Dedicated WordPress Developer with over 5 years of experience in designing and implementing visually appealing and functional websites. Adept in all aspects of WordPress website development, including design, plugins, updates, and security. Seeking to leverage my technical skills and UI/UX design passion in a challenging role."
Keep the statement to 3-4 sentences, packed with compelling details that encourage further reading.
Skills and Expertise in WordPress Development
Highlight your problem-solving skills and adapt the skills section to match the job description's requirements.
Note: Tailor this section to each job application, focusing on the required skills for the role.
Work Experience as a WordPress Developer
The work experience section is where you detail your hands-on experience in WordPress development. Describe your previous roles, responsibilities, and achievements, focusing on tasks and projects that align with WordPress development.
Quantify your accomplishments with data and percentages where possible, and include any experience with programming languages and code versioning tools.
Highlight special projects and challenges you've overcome, demonstrating your problem-solving skills and adaptability.
Education and Certifications in Web Development
List your educational background, starting with the most recent, and include any special courses, certifications, and ongoing learning efforts that enhance your WordPress development skills.
Attending workshops, seminars, and conferences can also be beneficial, showing your commitment to staying updated with industry trends.
Related: WordPress Developer Certifications
Portfolio of WordPress Projects
Include a portfolio section showcasing a variety of WordPress projects you've completed. Provide brief descriptions, objectives, functionalities, and any unique challenges you addressed.
Offer live links or visual representations of your work, and regularly update your portfolio with new projects.
References or Testimonials
References or testimonials can serve as endorsements of your skills and experience. Include contacts from reputable industry professionals who can vouch for your abilities as a WordPress developer.
Ensure you have permission to list someone as a reference and that their contact information is current.
While not always required, having references or testimonials prepared demonstrates thoroughness and professionalism.Remember to maintain a clear, professional layout throughout your resume, and tailor each section to reflect the specific requirements of the job you're applying for. With these elements in place, your WordPress Developer resume will be well-equipped to make a strong impression on potential employers.