Business Associate Resume Examples
Writing a great business associate resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own business associate resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the business associate job you're after.
email@example.com | (311) 632-1064 | Nashville, TN
I am a Business Associate with over 5 years of experience. I have worked in various industries and have gained a wealth of knowledge in many different areas. I am an expert in customer service, sales, marketing, and administration. I am a motivated self-starter who is always looking for new challenges. I thrive in fast-paced environments and enjoy working with people from all walks of life.
Business Associate at Humana, TNApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 in developing a new marketing strategy that increased sales by 15%.
- Successfully created and implemented a new customer loyalty program which resulted in 10,000 new customers within 6 months.
- Negotiated and closed 20 business deals with clients worth over $1 million each.
- Devised and executed an effective social media campaign on Twitter which garnered 100,000 new followers for the company within 2 weeks.
- Wrote 3 successful proposals to potential clients that led to the acquisition of $300,000 in new business.
Business Associate II at Cigna, TNJul 2017 - Mar 2022
- Achieved a 95% customer satisfaction rating through effectively handling customer inquiries and complaints.
- Exceeded sales targets by 15% through upselling techniques.
- Improved efficiency in the department by implementing new organization methods.
- Trained and mentored 3 new Business Associates, helping them to quickly become productive members of the team.
- Completed special projects as assigned by management, such as researching new product ideas or creating marketing campaigns.
Associate of Science in Business Administration at Middle Tennessee State UniversitySep 2012 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are: effective communication, teamwork, time management, and problem solving.
- Business strategy
- Business development
- Customer service
- Human resources
firstname.lastname@example.org | (573) 271-0379 | Portland, OR
I am a Business Associate with over 5 years of experience in the industry. I have worked extensively with clients and businesses to develop creative solutions that drive growth and profitability. I possess strong analytical skills, which I use to identify opportunities and recommend strategies for improvement. My interpersonal skills allow me to build relationships easily, both internally and externally, essential for successful business development. Overall, I am an experienced professional who is motivated by challenge and driven by results.
Business Associate at Intel, ORMar 2022 - Present
- Negotiated and closed $2.5 million in new business deals.
- Led a team of 5 Business Associates to successfully complete a project ahead of schedule.
- Wrote proposals that won 3 major contracts worth a total of $1.8 million.
- Grew company’s client base by 20% through effective networking and relationship building.
- Achieved quarterly sales targets for the past 2 years consecutively.
Business Associate II at Nike, ORSep 2017 - Jan 2022
- Negotiated and closed $2MM in new business contracts.
- Led a team of 5 Business Associates to successfully on-board 10 new clients.
- Wrote proposals that resulted in the sale of $1.5MM worth of goods/services.
- Grew existing client relationships by an average 15% per year.
- Achieved quarterly sales targets 100% of the time over a 4-year period.
- Exceeded monthly call volume goals by 20% on average.
Associate of Science in Business Administration at Oregon State University, ORSep 2012 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are management, teamwork, critical thinking, and communication.
- Business strategy
- Business development
- Customer service
- Human resources
Essential Components of a Business Associate Resume
A Business Associate resume is a critical tool that showcases your professional skills, work history, and educational background, tailored to the role you're targeting. It's a formal document that should be well-structured and detailed, highlighting your ability to contribute positively to a potential employer's operations.
An effective resume includes several key sections: contact information, a professional summary or objective, employment history, education, skills, and additional segments such as certifications or honors. Each section is significant and should be populated with precise details that present you as the ideal candidate for the job.
In this guide, we'll explore these sections in detail, discuss their significance, and provide tips to make each part more compelling.
At the top of your resume, ensure your contact information is visible and includes all necessary details for employers to reach you.
Include your full name, address (or city and state), phone number with appropriate codes, and a professional email address. If relevant, add links to professional networking profiles like LinkedIn.
- Full Name
- Address (City/State)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Social Media Profiles (if applicable)
Ensure all contact information is accurate and up-to-date.
Professional Summary or Objective Statement
The Professional Summary or Objective Statement serves as your professional pitch, summarizing your most relevant skills, experiences, and career goals.
In a Professional Summary, highlight your standout achievements and key competencies. For an Objective Statement, focus on your career aspirations and how you can contribute to the company's success, which is more suitable for those new to the field or changing careers.
Customize this section for each job application, using keywords from the job posting and demonstrating how your background aligns with the role.
Work Experience and Achievements
The Work Experience and Achievements section is where you detail your professional history, emphasizing your responsibilities and successes in each role.
List your positions in reverse chronological order, starting with the most recent. Use action verbs and quantify achievements where possible. Align this section with the skills and experiences sought in the job description.
Remember to highlight career progression and relevant accomplishments rather than an exhaustive list of duties.
Skills Relevant to the Job Position
Detail both technical and soft skills pertinent to a Business Associate role. Include software proficiency, analytical abilities, communication skills, and leadership qualities. Provide examples of how you've applied these skills in practice.
Education and Certifications
Outline your educational background, starting with the highest degree obtained. Include relevant coursework, projects, and professional certifications that enhance your qualifications for the role.
Related: Business Associate Certifications
References or Testimonials
References or Testimonials can bolster your resume by providing credible endorsements of your professional capabilities. Choose references wisely and consider including a note that references are available upon request to respect their privacy.
Personal Interests (Optional)
While not required, personal interests can round out your resume by showcasing attributes that align with the role, such as teamwork, dedication, and creativity. Keep this section brief and relevant.
In conclusion, a well-crafted Business Associate resume should effectively communicate your qualifications, experience, and potential to contribute to a prospective employer's success. Tailor each section to the specific role, ensuring clarity and relevance throughout.