Accounting Consultant Resume Examples
Writing a great accounting consultant resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own accounting consultant resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the accounting consultant job you're after.
email@example.com | (163) 030-8832 | Salt Lake City, UT
I am an accounting consultant with over 5 years of experience in the field. I have worked extensively with clients in a variety of industries, and have gained a deep understanding of the accounting process. I am highly skilled in financial analysis and reporting, and have a strong track record of providing accurate and insightful advice to my clients. I am passionate about helping businesses grow and succeed, and firmly believe that sound financial management is essential to any organization's success.
Accounting Consultant at Ernst & Young, UTApr 2022 - Present
- Led the development of an innovative accounting software that increased productivity by 30%.
- Negotiated with vendors to save the company $100,000 annually in expenses.
- Trained and mentored junior staff on proper accounting procedures and techniques.
- Implemented new internal controls which reduced errors by 50% compared to previous year.
- Reviewed client financial statements and provided recommendations for improvement.
Senior Accounting Consultant at KPMG, UTJul 2017 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 4 junior consultants in providing accounting services to 3 clients, resulting in an increase in client satisfaction by 15%.
- Trained 2 new employees on the company’s accounting software, reducing training time by 50%.
- Completed month-end closing for 10 clients within tight deadlines, 100% error-free.
- Identified errors in client’s financial statements and corrected them, saving the client $5,000 annually.
- Reviewed and analyzed data for trends and variances for 5 clients, identifying areas of improvement that resulted in cost savings of $8,000 per year.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting at Brigham Young UniversityAug 2013 - May 2017
I have learned how to analyze financial statements, how to record transactions, and how to use accounting software.
- Business Law
- Financial Analysis
- Management Accounting
firstname.lastname@example.org | (249) 882-2351 | 1350 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004
I have over 5 years of experience as an Accounting Consultant. I am a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual with a strong commitment to accuracy and quality. I possess excellent communication, organizational, and problem solving skills which I have used to successfully complete various consulting engagements. My areas of expertise include financial statement analysis, GAAP compliance, auditing procedures, and tax preparation. I am confident in my ability to provide high quality accounting services and would be an asset to any organization
Accounting Consultant at Moss Adams, WAMay 2022 - Present
- Reduced client’s annual accounting and tax expenses by $100,000.
- Negotiated a reduction in interest rates for a client with $1 million in outstanding loans, saving the client $50,000 per year.
- Developed and implemented an inventory management system for a manufacturing company that reduced inventory levels by 30%.
- Reviewed financial statements for small businesses and identified errors that resulted in overstated expenses of 10-20%.
- Assisted clients with bookkeeping duties such as Accounts Payable/Receivable, invoicing customers, recording transactions • Provided consulting services to business owners on various aspects of running their businesses including QuickBooks set up.
Senior Accounting Consultant at KPMG, WASep 2017 - Apr 2022
- Successfully completed a $2 million dollar accounting project for a major corporation.
- Successfully managed a team of 5 accountants on said project.
- Achieved all deadlines set by the client and delivered high quality work.
- Conducted training sessions for junior staff on various aspects of accounting.
- Prepared monthly reports detailing progress made on the project and highlighting any areas of concern.
- Wrote proposals for 3 new clients which were subsequently accepted.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting at Washington State UniversityAug 2012 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are bookkeeping, tax preparation, and auditing.
- Business Law
- Financial Analysis
- Management Accounting
Essential Components of an Accounting Consultant Resume
An effective Accounting Consultant Resume is a strategic tool that highlights your professional expertise and qualifications. It should emphasize your proficiency with accounting software, analytical prowess, familiarity with financial regulations, and adept problem-solving skills. This guide will explore the key sections of an Accounting Consultant Resume, their significance, and how to optimize them to enhance your job prospects.
1. Contact Information
Your resume should begin with clear and accessible Contact Information. Place this at the top, ensuring potential employers can easily reach out to you.
Include your full name, phone number, and a professional email address. Accuracy here is vital to avoid missed connections. Consider adding your LinkedIn profile to provide a comprehensive view of your professional background. If relocation is an option for you, mention your current location or relocation readiness.
Keep this section succinct and omit personal details like marital status or age to maintain a professional focus.
- Full Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- LinkedIn Profile (optional)
- Location (optional)
Ensure that your contact methods are reliable, with regular email checks and a clear voicemail box.
2. Objective Statement
The Objective Statement sets the tone for your resume, succinctly stating your career intentions and how they align with the consulting role. Tailor this to the position, highlighting relevant skills and experiences, and articulate your value proposition to potential employers.
Integrate keywords from the job description to pass through applicant tracking systems effectively.
An impactful objective statement should succinctly articulate your professional goals and how they intersect with the company's needs.
3. Education and Certifications
Education: Detail your academic background, emphasizing degrees relevant to accounting and finance. Include the institution, degree, and graduation year.
Professional Certifications: Certifications like CPA or CMA underscore your specialized expertise. List any you have, along with the certifying body and the date of certification.
Additional Courses & Training: Mention any supplementary courses that enhance your accounting proficiency.
Continuing Education: Demonstrate your commitment to staying current in the field by listing ongoing educational pursuits.
This section should reflect how your educational qualifications have equipped you for a role in accounting consultancy.
4. Work Experience
The 'Work Experience' section chronicles your professional trajectory, emphasizing roles and achievements pertinent to accounting consultancy. List positions in reverse chronological order, detailing responsibilities and accomplishments that resonate with the consulting domain.
Use action verbs and quantify results to convey your impact effectively. Diverse industry experience and software proficiency should also be highlighted here.
5. Skills and Expertise
Outline your technical, analytical, and soft skills in the "Skills and Expertise" section. From software proficiency to ethical standards, these competencies should align with the demands of an accounting consultant role.
Listing these skills demonstrates your readiness for the position and can set you apart from other candidates.
6. Achievements and Awards
The "Achievements and Awards" section allows you to spotlight career recognitions that underscore your expertise and dedication. Include relevant accolades, ensuring to quantify them to convey their significance.
This section not only validates your skills but also provides insight into the level of excellence you bring to your work.
References validate your professional background and should be chosen carefully. Include individuals who can attest to your accounting expertise and work ethic. You may opt to provide references upon request to manage space on your resume and control the timing of reference checks.
Select references who will provide strong endorsements of your skills and inform them about the roles you're targeting so they can tailor their recommendations accordingly.
By carefully crafting each section of your Accounting Consultant Resume, you can present a compelling narrative of your qualifications, making a strong case for your candidacy in the competitive field of accounting consultancy.