What does an IT Recruiter do?
Learn all about IT Recruiter duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become an IT Recruiter.
Published 4 min read
An IT recruiter is responsible for sourcing and screening candidates for IT positions. They work with hiring managers to identify open positions and create job descriptions. They use a variety of recruiting methods to attract candidates, such as job postings, online networking, and referrals. They screen candidates and conduct interviews to identify the best qualified candidates for the position. They also extend job offers and negotiate salaries on behalf of the company.
IT Recruiter job duties include:
- Source, screen, and interview IT candidates for various employment opportunities
- Work with managers to identify staffing needs and desired qualifications
- Post job openings on job boards and other online platforms
- Review resumes and applications to determine if candidates meet the minimum qualifications for the role
- Conduct phone screens or initial in-person interviews with candidates
- Schedule follow-up interviews with managers for qualified candidates
- Keep track of all communications with candidates throughout the recruiting process
- Generate reports on recruiting metrics, such as time-to-fill and cost-per-hire
- Offer guidance and support to candidates throughout the recruiting process
- Manage applicant tracking system (ATS)
IT Recruiter Job Requirements
An IT Recruiter typically needs a bachelor's degree in human resources, business, or a related field. They may also need certification from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). Many IT Recruiters have previous experience working in human resources or as an IT Recruiter.
IT Recruiter Skills
- Reference checking
- Follow up
How to become an IT Recruiter
There are many reasons why someone might want to become an IT recruiter. Maybe they’re interested in the challenge of finding the right person for a role, or maybe they enjoy working with people and helping them find their dream job. Whatever the reason, if you’re thinking about becoming an IT recruiter, there are a few things you should know.
First, it’s important to have a strong understanding of the IT industry. You should know the different types of roles that exist, what skills are needed for each role, and where to find candidates with those skills. It’s also helpful to have a network of contacts in the industry who can help you identify potential candidates.
Second, you need to be good at sales and marketing. You need to be able to sell yourself and your company to potential candidates, and you need to be able to market open roles in a way that will attract the right candidates.
Third, you need to be organized and efficient. Recruiting can be a time-consuming process, so it’s important to be able to manage your time well and keep track of all the different candidates and roles you’re working on.
If you have these skills and qualities, then you may have what it takes to be a successful IT recruiter. If you’re interested in this career, start by doing some research and networking within the industry. Then, start applying for jobs at IT recruiting firms. With hard work and dedication, you can achieve your goal of becoming an IT recruiter.
Related: IT Recruiter Resume Example