What does a Senior Business Development Manager do?
Published 3 min read
A Senior Business Development Manager is responsible for leading and managing a team of business development professionals in order to generate new business opportunities and drive sales growth. They work closely with other senior managers and executives to develop strategies and plans for achieving sales targets, and they also oversee the execution of these plans. In addition, they are responsible for identifying and developing relationships with key customers and partners.
Senior Business Development Manager job duties include:
- Research and identify new business opportunities, including new markets, products, and services
- Develop strategies to penetrate new markets and grow existing markets
- Plan and direct all aspects of the business development function
- Manage a team of business development professionals
- Negotiate and close deals with new clients
- Foster relationships with key decision makers in target organizations
- Stay abreast of industry trends and developments
- Prepare proposals and presentations for potential clients
- Identify and pursue joint venture and partnership opportunities
- Monitor competitor activity and market changes
Senior Business Development Manager Job Requirements
A Senior Business Development Manager typically has a Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, or a related field. They also have experience working in business development, sales, or a related field. In addition, they may have a professional certification, such as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
Senior Business Development Manager Skills
- Business development
- Strategic planning
- Relationship management
- Client acquisition
- Client retention
- Business strategy
- Financial analysis
- Business intelligence
- Project management
How to become a Senior Business Development Manager
A Senior Business Development Manager is responsible for the growth and expansion of a company. They work with clients and partners to identify new business opportunities, negotiate deals, and build relationships. They also develop and implement strategies to grow the business.
To become a Senior Business Development Manager, you will need to have experience in sales, marketing, or business development. You should also have strong negotiation skills and be able to build relationships. In addition, you will need to be strategic and have the ability to develop and implement plans.