What does a Digital Marketing Coordinator do?
Learn all about Digital Marketing Coordinator duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a Digital Marketing Coordinator.
Published 4 min read
A digital marketing coordinator is responsible for developing and executing digital marketing campaigns. This may include managing website content, developing email marketing campaigns, and creating and managing social media accounts. The digital marketing coordinator may also be responsible for tracking and analyzing campaign data to optimize results.
Digital Marketing Coordinator job duties include:
- Develop and oversee digital marketing campaigns
- Plan and execute digital marketing and advertising initiatives
- Oversee a social media strategy
- Manage and maintain the organization’s website(s)
- Write and proofread content for the website and other digital platforms
- Identify new trends in digital marketing, evaluate new technologies and ensure the brand is at the forefront of industry developments
- Monitor competitor activity and generate insights
- Work with the wider marketing team to deliver integrated campaigns
- Liaise with external agencies when necessary
- Keep up-to-date with developments in all online media
Digital Marketing Coordinator Job Requirements
A Digital Marketing Coordinator is responsible for planning, executing, and measuring digital marketing campaigns. They work closely with other members of the marketing team to ensure that all campaigns are on brand and align with the company's overall marketing strategy. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in marketing or a related field, as well as experience working in a digital marketing role. Certification in Google Analytics and AdWords is also preferred.
Digital Marketing Coordinator Skills
- Google Analytics
- Social Media
- Email Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Google Adsense
How to become a Digital Marketing Coordinator
There are many digital marketing coordinator job descriptions out there. But what does it really take to be a successful digital marketing coordinator? Here are five key qualities that will help you succeed in this role:
1. Organization and project management skills: A successful digital marketing coordinator is highly organized and can juggle multiple projects at once. They have a keen eye for detail and are able to keep track of deadlines and deliverables.
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills: A successful digital marketing coordinator is an excellent communicator. They can clearly articulate their ideas and vision to team members and clients alike. They also have strong writing skills and are able to produce high-quality content.
3. Creative thinking: A successful digital marketing coordinator is creative thinker. They are able to come up with fresh, innovative ideas that will capture the attention of your target audience.
4. Passion for marketing: A successful digital marketing coordinator is passionate about marketing. They stay up-to-date on the latest trends and developments in the industry and are always looking for ways to improve their skillset.
5. Strong work ethic: A successful digital marketing coordinator is a hard worker. They understand that success takes time and dedication. They are willing to put in the extra hours to get the job done right.