What does a CRM Administrator do?
Learn all about CRM Administrator duties, skills and much more. Get expert advice on how to become a CRM Administrator.
Published 3 min read
A CRM Administrator is responsible for managing and configuring a company's customer relationship management (CRM) software. This includes setting up user accounts, customizing fields and workflows, and managing data import/export. The administrator may also be responsible for training users on the CRM software and providing support as needed.
CRM Administrator job duties include:
- Maintain and administer computerized databases (CRM software)
- Design and implement new database solutions
- Identify user needs and develop appropriate solutions
- Train users on how to use the CRM system
- Monitor database performance and capacity
- Perform regular maintenance and updates to the CRM system
- Generate reports from the CRM system as needed
- Troubleshoot any issues that arise with the CRM system
- Work with vendors to resolve any technical issues
CRM Administrator Job Requirements
A CRM Administrator typically needs a bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, or a related field. They also need experience working with customer relationship management (CRM) software and databases. Some employers may require certification in CRM software, such as Salesforce Certified Administrator.
CRM Administrator Skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Customer service oriented
- Experience with CRM software
- Technical skills
- Project management skills
How to become a CRM Administrator
A CRM Administrator is responsible for the administration and maintenance of a company’s customer relationship management (CRM) system. In order to become a CRM Administrator, one must first have a strong understanding of how CRM systems work. They must also be able to effectively communicate with other members of the organization, as they will need to coordinate with them in order to ensure that the system is being used properly.
The most important skill that a CRM Administrator must possess is the ability to troubleshoot issues that may arise within the system. They must be able to quickly identify the source of the problem and then take steps to resolve it. In some cases, this may require working with the software developers in order to find a fix for the issue.
In addition to being able to effectively administer and maintain a CRM system, a CRM Administrator must also be able to train other users on how to use it. They should be able to create training materials and provide support to users when needed. It is also important for them to keep up-to-date on new features and updates that are released for the system, as they will need to be able to train users on these as well.
Related: CRM Administrator Resume Example