Walmart Quality Assurance Manager Resume Examples
This article provides examples of resumes for Walmart Quality Assurance Managers, highlighting relevant experience and skills necessary to succeed in this role.
Published 9 min read
This article provides step-by-step advice for creating a resume to apply for the position of Quality Assurance Manager at Walmart. It outlines the key skills and experience needed to succeed in this role, as well as tips on how to demonstrate your qualifications and highlight relevant achievements. Readers will learn best practices for showcasing their strengths and capabilities, and get an understanding of what Walmart looks for in a successful applicant.
Walmart Quality Assurance Manager Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Walmart Quality Assurance Manager Resume Example
Phylicia Bettle, Quality Assurance Manager
As a Quality Assurance Manager with over 6 years of experience, I have developed a proven track record of ensuring the highest quality of products and services. I have successfully implemented process improvements to enhance and ensure quality standards of products and services, while reducing costs and improving customer satisfaction. I have a comprehensive understanding of industry regulations and quality standards, and have expertise in quality assurance management systems. I have a proven ability to motivate and lead teams to ensure successful quality assurance initiatives. I am committed to consistently meeting and exceeding expectations, and driving continuous quality improvement.
Quality Assurance Manager at Walmart, WV
Nov 2022 - Present
- Increased customer satisfaction ratings from 80% to 92%, boosting Walmart's reputation in the local area.
- Developed and implemented a new Quality Assurance program for all products, resulting in an 18% decrease of product returns over six months.
- Led training sessions on quality assurance principles for 200+ employees across three regional stores, improving team knowledge and efficiency by 20%.
- Conducted regular inspections at 10 distribution centers which resulted in improved compliance with safety regulations (OSHA) by 95%.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Mylan Pharmaceuticals, WV
Jul 2020 - Sep 2022
- Increased test coverage by 45% of the company’s portfolio within a 12-month period while working at Mylan Pharmaceuticals, WV. This was accomplished through improved automation and manual testing processes resulting in increased quality assurance metrics across all products.
- Developed comprehensive QA strategy that reduced critical defects from 10 to 1 per month on average over 6 months time frame for new product launches.
- Led team of 15 engineers responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction with regards to software functionality as well as usability standards; achieved 95% positive feedback rating from customers using our services/products during this tenure (2 years).
- Improved customer retention rate by 20%, reducing churn rates due to better user experience which led directly into higher revenue generation opportunities.
Quality Assurance Engineer at WVU Medicine, WV
Aug 2017 - May 2020
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive Quality Assurance program for WVU Medicine, resulting in an increase of patient satisfaction by 8%.
- Created automated tests to detect bugs early on the development process, reducing debugging time from 3 days to 4 hours.
- Designed test plans that successfully identified 94% of software defects prior to their release.
- Developed training materials which increased new team members' productivity levels by 10%.
Bachelor of Science in Quality Assurance Management at West Virginia University Institute of Technology, Montgomery, WV
Aug 2012 - May 2017
Relevant Coursework: Quality Assurance Management, Quality Control, Statistical Process Control, Process Improvement, Quality Systems, Six Sigma, Quality Auditing, Risk Analysis, and Regulatory Compliance.
- Quality Assurance
- Process Improvement
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Skills
- Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA)
- Certified Manager of Software Testing (CMST)
Tips for Writing a Better Walmart Quality Assurance Manager Resume
1. Highlight Your Relevant Experience: As a Quality Assurance Manager, you need to have experience in the field of quality assurance. It is important to highlight any relevant experience you may have on your resume, such as working in a similar role at another company or overseeing quality assurance processes for a project.
2. Showcase Your Problem-Solving Skills: Quality assurance managers often need to troubleshoot issues and come up with solutions quickly. Make sure to showcase any problem-solving skills you possess by describing specific instances where you resolved an issue or implemented a new process.
3. Include Accomplishments: Quality assurance managers are responsible for meeting certain standards and goals, so it’s important to include any accomplishments that demonstrate your ability to do this. For example, if you achieved a certain goal or improved efficiency in some way, make sure to mention it on your resume.
4. Describe Your Leadership Style: Walmart looks for quality assurance managers who can lead teams and manage projects effectively. Make sure to describe your leadership style and any successes you’ve had leading teams in the past on your resume.
5. Demonstrate Your Knowledge of Regulations: Quality assurance managers need to be familiar with various regulations and standards related to their industry, so make sure to mention any knowledge or certifications related to these topics on your resume as well.
Related: Quality Assurance Manager Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Walmart Quality Assurance Manager Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description into your resume and cover letter is a must when applying for a Quality Assurance Manager position at Walmart. This is because Walmart uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to screen resumes before they reach human resources. ATSs use algorithms to scan resumes for keywords, so if you don't include them in your documents, you may not be selected for further review. It's important to include words and phrases from the job description that are relevant to the position you're applying for, as this will help ensure that your resume makes it past the ATS and into the hands of an actual person.
Below is a list of essential skills and key terms you should be familiar with when applying for a Quality Assurance Manager position at Walmart:
-Quality assurance processes
-Leadership and team building
-Problem solving and decision making
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Quality Assurance||Quality Control|
|Project Management||Risk Management|
|Problem Solving||Data Analysis|
|Requirements Analysis||Performance Testing|
|Defect Tracking||Regulatory Compliance|
|Root Cause Analysis||Change Management|
Related: Quality Assurance Manager Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Walmart Quality Assurance Manager Resumes
Finding different action verbs to use on a resume can be difficult, especially when trying to create a Walmart Quality Assurance Manager Resume. It is important to use varied and specific action verbs in order to showcase your skills and accomplishments effectively. Examples of strong action verbs that you could use include: developed, managed, improved, monitored, evaluated, tested, inspected, reported and resolved. By using these types of words to describe your experience and accomplishments you will be able to make your resume stand out from the competition.
To give you a competitive edge, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs to use in your resume and increase the chances of landing your next interview: