Walmart Produce Clerk Resume Examples
This article provides resume examples and tips for creating an effective resume for a Walmart Produce Clerk position.
Published 8 min read
This article will provide helpful tips on how to write a successful resume for the position of Produce Clerk at Walmart. It will cover topics such as the types of skills and experiences employers are looking for, what should be included in a resume, and how to make it stand out from other applicants. Readers will learn about the qualifications necessary to work in this role and be provided with examples of resumes that have been successful for similar positions.
Walmart Produce Clerk Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Walmart Produce Clerk Resume Example
Britany Ristovski, Produce Clerk
I am an experienced Produce Clerk with over 1 year of experience in the retail industry. I have a strong understanding of produce quality control, inventory management, customer service, and store operations. I am well-versed in the use of various computer systems, including Microsoft Office and POS systems, and have experience in unloading shipments and stocking shelves. I am organized and detail-oriented, with a commitment to providing excellent customer service. I enjoy working as part of a team and am confident in my ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Produce Clerk at Harris Teeter, NC
Dec 2022 - Present
- Exceeded customer satisfaction goals by consistently providing friendly service to customers and resolving any issues that arose promptly. In particular, successfully mediated a dispute between two customers over the quality of produce which resulted in both parties being satisfied with their purchases.
- Reduced shrinkage rate for Harris Teeter’s store by 10% through implementation of best practices such as rotating stock efficiently and ensuring all items were properly labeled at all times.
- Met or exceeded weekly sales targets set out from management on multiple occasions; increased total revenue generated from Produce Department by 15%.
Produce Clerk Assistant at Food Lion, NC
Jul 2022 - Oct 2022
- Implemented new stocking and ordering system for produce, resulting in a 20% increase in sales within 3 months.
- Trained 10+ coworkers on proper handling techniques of fresh produce to reduce food waste by 15%.
- Developed an efficient inventory tracking process that reduced order time from 2 hours to 30 minutes.
High School Diploma at East Forsyth High School, Winston-Salem, NC
Sep 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, English Literature, Science, Social Studies, and Foreign Language.
- Customer Service
- Inventory Management
- Cash Handling
- Product Knowledge
- Attention to Detail
- Time Management
- Produce Quality Assurance Certification
- Produce Safety Alliance Worker Training Certificate
Tips for Writing a Better Walmart Produce Clerk Resume
1. Include a professional summary: Use the top section of your resume to introduce yourself, share your top skills, and explain why you’re the ideal candidate for this position. This will be the first thing employers read when they review your application, so make sure it accurately captures your strengths and expresses your enthusiasm for the job.
2. Highlight relevant experience: Make sure to list any past experience working in produce departments or related fields on your resume. Be sure to include details about any customer service, stocking, or merchandising duties you have performed in the past.
3. Showcase your knowledge of fruits and vegetables: Employers will want to know that you can identify different types of produce and understand their seasonal availability. If you have special expertise in certain kinds of fruits or vegetables, make sure to mention it on your resume.
4. Demonstrate communication skills: Working in a produce department requires excellent customer service skills and communication abilities. Include any relevant experiences that demonstrate how you interact with customers and handle inquiries in a friendly manner.
5. Detail any certifications or awards: If you have earned any industry-specific certificates or awards related to produce work, make sure to include them on your resume as well as any other qualifications that may be beneficial for this role such as food safety certification or First Aid training.
Related: Produce Clerk Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Walmart Produce Clerk Resumes
When applying for a Produce Clerk opportunity at Walmart, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application materials. This is because Walmart uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to filter candidates based on their qualifications and the keywords they use in their applications. By incorporating relevant keywords into your resume, cover letter, and other application materials, you can ensure that you pass through the ATS and make it to the next round of consideration.
The following list contains important skills and terms to be aware of when applying for a produce clerk position at Walmart:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Produce handling||Food safety|
|Stock rotation||Inventory management|
|Merchandising||Pricing and labeling|
|Receiving and stocking||Quality assurance|
|Food preparation||Cleaning and sanitation|
|Computer literacy||Problem solving|
|Attention to detail||Communication skills|
|Organization skills||Ability to lift heavy objects|
Related: Produce Clerk Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Walmart Produce Clerk Resumes
Finding varied action verbs to use on a resume can be difficult. It's important to use different verbs in order to create an effective resume, especially when applying for a position such as Walmart Produce Clerk. Using the same verb over and over again can make a resume seem repetitive or unoriginal. To make a resume stand out, it's important to use strong, descriptive words that accurately capture the duties and responsibilities of the job. Examples of verbs that could be used on a Walmart Produce Clerk Resume include organized, stocked, rotated, labeled, priced, maintained and monitored.
Gain a competitive edge with this list of powerful action verbs to strengthen your resume and increase your chances of landing your next interview:
Related: What does a Produce Clerk do?