Walmart Footwear Associate Resume Examples
This article provides examples of resumes for Walmart Footwear Associates, highlighting key skills and experience to help applicants land their desired job.
Updated 8 min read
This article provides tips and advice on how to craft a resume to land a Footwear Associate role at Walmart. It outlines what qualifications and experience are important to emphasize, as well as the best ways to demonstrate your skills, accomplishments, and dedication to customer service. Additionally, it offers guidance on how to highlight your knowledge of footwear products and familiarity with current trends in the industry.
Walmart Footwear Associate Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Walmart Footwear Associate Resume Example
Karilyn Bakowski, Footwear Associate
I am a Footwear Associate with over 1 year of experience in retail sales. I have a strong background in providing excellent customer service while helping customers find the perfect shoe. I have a deep knowledge of various shoe brands and styles, as well as experience in resolving customer inquiries and resolving any customer service issues. Additionally, I have a successful track record of meeting and exceeding sales goals each month. I am a motivated self-starter and take initiative to ensure customer satisfaction.
Footwear Associate at DSW, NC
Dec 2022 - Present
- Achieved a monthly sales total of $20,000: As Footwear Associate at DSW in NC, I exceeded the store's expectation by achieving a record-breaking sales figure of $20,000 for one month.
- Increased customer satisfaction rating to 95%: By consistently providing an excellent shopping experience and exceeding customers' expectations on service quality throughout my tenure as Footwear Associate at DSW in NC, I improved our overall customer satisfaction rating from 85% to 95%.
- Exceeded targeted goals each quarter: During my time working as Footwear Associate with DSW in NC., I was able exceed quarterly targets set out by management every single quarter. This helped contribute towards improved profitability margins across all departments within the store.
- Developed new training program for staff members: In order to help enhance efficiency levels among colleagues and ensure consistent performance standards were met during shift changes when dealing with customers;I developed a comprehensive onboarding/training process that has been embraced enthusiastically amongst staff members .
Footwear Sales Associate at Rack Room Shoes, NC
Aug 2022 - Nov 2022
- Exceeded sales goal by 20%, selling more than $150,000 worth of footwear in one quarter.
- Developed a customer loyalty program that increased store foot traffic and revenue by 10%.
- Trained 6 new associates on product knowledge and best practices for customer service resulting in improved overall shopping experience.
- Created an innovative display strategy which resulted in a 15% increase of impulse purchases.
High School Diploma in Footwear Technology at Central Carolina Technical College, Sanford, NC
Aug 2017 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Footwear Design, Manufacturing Processes, Quality Control, Materials Science and Engineering, and Business Practices.
- Customer Service
- Inventory Management
- Cash Handling
- Visual Presentation
- Product Knowledge
- Certified Footwear Associate (CFA)
- Certified Shoe Fitting Specialist (CSFS)
Tips for Writing a Better Walmart Footwear Associate Resume
1. Highlight Your Experience: Make sure to include any experience you have working in retail, customer service, or sales. This can include past positions at other stores, internships, and volunteer work. Be sure to emphasize your specific skill sets related to the Walmart Footwear Associate role such as customer service, product knowledge, and inventory management.
2. Include Relevant Skills: When listing your skills on your resume for a Walmart Footwear Associate position, be sure to highlight any skills that are relevant to the job such as strong communication skills, comfort with technology, and problem-solving abilities.
3. Tailor Your Resume: When applying for any job it is important to tailor your resume specifically for the position you are applying for. This means highlighting experience and skills that are most relevant to the role of a Walmart Footwear Associate.
4. Show Enthusiasm: Employers like to see candidates who demonstrate enthusiasm for their company and the role they are applying for. Make sure that comes through in your resume by using language that shows why you would be an asset to the team such as “I am excited about the opportunity to join a team dedicated to providing excellent customer service” or “I am eager to learn more about how I can help contribute my knowledge and skillset”.
Related: Footwear Designer Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Walmart Footwear Associate Resumes
When applying for a Footwear Associate opportunity at Walmart, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description when creating your resume and cover letter. This is because Walmart uses an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to help them quickly find the most relevant resumes based on keyword searches. By including keywords that match those used in the job description, your resume will be more likely to be found by the ATS and thus increase your chances of being considered for the position.
When applying for a Footwear Associate position at Walmart, you may come across the following common skills and key terms:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Product Knowledge||Cash Handling|
|Visual Merchandising||Retail Operations|
|Point of Sale (POS) Systems||Loss Prevention|
|Stock Replenishment||Shoe Fitting|
|Shoe Repair||Store Maintenance|
|Organization Skills||Problem-solving Skills|
|Attention to Detail||Computer Literacy|
Related: Footwear Designer Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Walmart Footwear Associate Resumes
Finding varied action verbs to use on a resume can be challenging, especially when trying to create a Walmart Footwear Associate Resume. It is important to use different and specific verbs in order to effectively demonstrate the skills and experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position. By utilizing strong and descriptive words, such as “developed”, “maintained”, or “coordinated”, you can highlight your accomplishments and show potential employers why you are the best person for the job.
To give you an advantage over the competition, we've put together a list of powerful action verbs that will strengthen your resume and increase your chances of getting your next interview:
Related: What does a Footwear Designer do?