Starbucks Order Picker Resume Examples
Published 9 min read
This article offers valuable insights into crafting a perfect resume for the position of an Order Picker at Starbucks. It guides you through the process of highlighting relevant skills, experiences, and qualifications that can make you stand out as a potential candidate. The article provides tips on how to emphasize your ability to work in a fast-paced environment, your attention to detail, and your outstanding communication skills. You will also learn how to showcase any previous experience in inventory control or order picking, as well as your ability to be a team player. This guide will help you tailor your resume specifically for Starbucks, increasing your chances of landing the job.
Starbucks Order Picker Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Starbucks Order Picker Resume Example
Coretta Pofahl, Order Picker
Detail-oriented Order Picker with one year of experience in fast-paced warehouse environments. Proficient in inventory management, order fulfillment, and quality control. Demonstrated ability to operate equipment safely and accurately pick and pack orders. Proven track record of meeting and exceeding productivity goals, with a strong commitment to efficiency and reliability.
Order Picker at Amazon, IL
Jul 2023 - Present
- Successfully picked and packed over 500 orders per day, exceeding team's daily target by 20%.
- Implemented a new inventory management system that increased efficiency by 30%, reducing order processing time.
- Achieved a 99.9% accuracy rate in order picking and packing, significantly reducing errors and customer complaints.
- Led a team of 5 order pickers to successfully complete an urgent large order of 3000 items within a 24-hour deadline, which was two hours ahead of schedule.
Associate Order Picker at FedEx, IL
Jul 2022 - May 2023
- Successfully picked and packed over 15,000 orders within a year, exceeding the company's target by 20% and contributing significantly to FedEx's efficiency and customer satisfaction in Illinois.
- Implemented a new inventory system that improved order accuracy by 30%, resulting in fewer returned packages and increased customer satisfaction.
- Trained and mentored 10 new employees on order picking procedures, reducing their learning curve by 50% and increasing overall productivity.
High School Diploma in General Education at Lincoln Park High School, Chicago, IL
Sep 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Physical Education, Arts, Foreign Language, and Health Education.
- Inventory Management
- Forklift Operation
- Barcode Scanning
- Pallet Jack Handling
- RF Scanning
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) Proficiency
- Voice Pick Technology Usage
- Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Forklift Operator Certification
Tips for Writing a Better Starbucks Order Picker Resume
1. Highlight relevant experience: If you've worked in similar roles, such as a warehouse worker, forklift operator, or even a barista, be sure to include these in your resume. Any experience that demonstrates your ability to work quickly and accurately will be beneficial.
2. Showcase your skills: Starbucks order pickers need to have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work efficiently under pressure. If you have these skills, make sure they are prominently featured on your resume.
3. Include certifications: If you have any relevant certifications such as food safety or forklift operation, be sure to include these on your resume.
4. Use action verbs: When describing your previous job responsibilities and achievements, use action verbs such as "managed," "organized," "coordinated," etc., to give more impact.
5. Add numbers where possible: Quantify your experiences when possible by adding numbers - for example "picked orders with 99% accuracy" or "improved picking speed by 20%".
6. Keep it concise: Your resume should ideally be no longer than one page. Make every word count and avoid unnecessary information.
7. Tailor it for the job: Make sure each resume is tailored specifically for the job you're applying for; highlight the most relevant skills and experiences first.
8. Proofread carefully: Mistakes on a resume can make an employer question your attention to detail.
9. Use a professional format: Stick with clean fonts like Times New Roman or Arial in size 10-12 point font, and keep formatting consistent throughout the document.
10. Include references if applicable: If you have previous employers who can vouch for your abilities as an order picker, include their contact information on your resume (with their permission).
Related: Order Picker Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Starbucks Order Picker Resumes
When applying for an Order Picker position at Starbucks, it is crucial to include specific keywords from the job description in your application. This is because Starbucks, like many large corporations, uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) in its hiring process. ATS is a software that filters applications based on specific keywords and phrases related to the job role. The software helps HR personnel to manage large volumes of applications by automatically eliminating those that do not meet certain criteria. Therefore, by incorporating relevant keywords from the job description into your resume or cover letter, you increase your chances of passing this initial screening stage and progressing to the interview stage of the hiring process.
When applying for order picker positions at Starbucks, you may encounter common skills and key terms such as...
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Attention to detail||Physical stamina|
|Inventory management||Time management|
|Ability to work in a fast-paced environment||Knowledge of warehouse operations|
|Forklift operation||Basic math skills|
|Reading comprehension||Teamwork and collaboration|
|Good communication skills||Problem-solving abilities|
|Ability to lift heavy items||Familiarity with safety procedures|
|Order processing||Product knowledge|
|Data entry skills||Organizational skills|
|Ability to follow instructions accurately||Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures|
|Computer literacy for inventory tracking systems.||Adaptability to changing priorities and schedules|
Common Action Verbs for Starbucks Order Picker Resumes
Creating a Starbucks Order Picker Resume can be challenging, particularly when it comes to identifying and using different action verbs. The use of repetitive or common verbs can make your resume seem uninteresting and generic. It's essential to diversify the verbs used in your resume as this not only showcases your vocabulary skills but also helps create a dynamic impression of you as an individual. Using varied action verbs can effectively highlight your skills and experiences, making your resume stand out from the rest. For instance, instead of repeatedly using the verb 'handled', you could use alternatives like 'managed', 'coordinated', 'oversaw' etc. Thus, selecting the right action verbs is critical for creating a compelling Starbucks Order Picker Resume that catches the attention of potential employers.
To enhance your competitive advantage, we have assembled a list of impactful action verbs that you can utilize to fortify your resume and secure your next interview:
Related: What does an Order Picker do?