Pinterest Content Curator Resume Examples
Published 10 min read
This article provides valuable insights and practical tips on crafting an effective resume for the role of Content Curator at Pinterest, a highly sought-after position in today's digital landscape. The article delves into the essential components of a winning resume, including highlighting relevant skills such as creativity, strong visual aesthetics, research abilities, and content organization. It also emphasizes the importance of showcasing prior experience in content curation or related fields, demonstrating knowledge of Pinterest's platform and target audience, as well as tailoring your resume to reflect the company's culture and values. With actionable advice and real-life examples, this article will guide you through the process of crafting a captivating resume that stands out from the crowd and piques the interest of hiring managers at Pinterest.
Pinterest Content Curator Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Pinterest Content Curator Resume Example
Niema Stremlau, Content Curator
1234 Evergreen Lane, Seattle, WA 98101
Diligent Content Curator with 1 year of experience in researching, selecting, and organizing engaging digital content for diverse audiences. Proficient in online publishing platforms, content management systems, and social media scheduling tools. Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills. Committed to staying current on industry trends and emerging platforms to optimize content reach and impact.
Content Curator at CurationWorks, WA
Jan 2023 - Present
- Curated and organized over 10,000 pieces of content for CurationWorks' clients, resulting in a 25% increase in user engagement and a 15% boost in website traffic.
- Developed and implemented a new content categorization system that streamlined the curation process, reducing content processing time by 30% and improving overall team efficiency.
- Collaborated with a team of writers and designers to create a monthly digital magazine, generating over 50,000 subscribers within the first year and establishing CurationWorks as a thought leader in the industry.
- Conducted detailed audience analysis and identified key content trends, enabling the creation of targeted content strategies that led to a 20% increase in client satisfaction and a 10% growth in CurationWorks' customer base.
Associate Content Curator at ContentCo WA, WA
Jul 2022 - Nov 2022
- Successfully curated and organized over 2,000 pieces of content for ContentCo's clients, resulting in a 25% increase in audience engagement and a 15% boost in website traffic within a six-month period.
- Developed and implemented an efficient content management system that streamlined the curation process, reducing content turnaround time by 40% and increasing team productivity by 20%.
- Spearheaded a collaborative project with the marketing team to create a targeted content campaign that generated a 35% increase in lead generation and contributed to a 10% growth in sales revenue.
- Conducted comprehensive content audits for key clients, identifying gaps and opportunities for improvement, which led to a 30% increase in content quality and a 20% uptick in client satisfaction ratings.
Bachelor of Arts in Communication and Media Studies at University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Aug 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Media Theory, Intercultural Communication, Digital Media Production, Public Relations, Mass Communication, Journalism, Advertising, Social Media Strategies, Media Ethics, and Communication Research Methods.
- SEO optimization
- Social media management
- Analytics interpretation
- Keyword research
- Hootsuite proficiency
- Google Trends analysis
- Content scheduling
- Digital Content Curation Certificate
- Copyright, Fair Use, and Creative Commons Certification
Tips for Writing a Better Pinterest Content Curator Resume
1. Focus on your niche: Clearly define your area of expertise or the specific niche you are passionate about and have experience in. This will help potential employers understand what kind of content you are most qualified to curate.
2. Highlight relevant experience: Showcase any previous experience you have had in content curation, social media management, or digital marketing. Make sure to mention any specific platforms or tools you have used, such as Pinterest analytics, Tailwind, or Canva.
3. Emphasize your eye for design: A big part of being a successful Pinterest content curator is having an eye for visually appealing and engaging images. Highlight any design skills or graphic design experience you may have.
4. Showcase your writing skills: Content curators need to be able to write compelling captions and descriptions for their pins. Be sure to include examples of your writing abilities on your resume, either through past work experiences or by providing links to published articles or blog posts.
5. Include relevant keywords: Incorporate industry-specific keywords throughout your resume that relate to Pinterest content curation and social media management. This can help with search engine optimization (SEO) when potential employers search for candidates online.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of Pinterest features: Show that you are familiar with the platform's features and best practices by mentioning them in your resume – such as rich pins, promoted pins, board organization, etc.
7. Quantify your achievements: Whenever possible, use numbers and data points to illustrate the impact of your previous work experiences – such as increased engagement rates or follower growth.
8. Stay up-to-date with industry trends: Make it clear that you are knowledgeable about current trends in both the Pinterest platform and the larger world of digital marketing by including recent courses or certifications completed on your resume.
9. Show off your soft skills: In addition to technical abilities like design and analytics, successful content curators also need strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently. Be sure to highlight these attributes on your resume.
10. Keep it concise: Aim for a one-page resume that clearly and concisely communicates your qualifications and experience. Use bullet points and clear headings to make it easy for potential employers to quickly scan your resume and understand your key strengths.
Related: Curatorial Assistant Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Pinterest Content Curator Resumes
When applying for a Content Curator position at Pinterest, it is crucial to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application materials. This is because many companies, including Pinterest, utilize Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to scan and filter resumes based on relevant keywords. By incorporating these keywords, you increase the likelihood that your resume will pass through the ATS and make it to the hiring manager's desk. Moreover, using these keywords demonstrates that you have a clear understanding of the role and its requirements, making you stand out as an ideal candidate for the position.
When applying for content curator positions at Pinterest, you may encounter common skills and key terms such as content curation, social media management, analytics, SEO, copyright laws, and trend analysis.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|SEO knowledge||Social media management|
|Copywriting||Editing and proofreading|
|Attention to detail||Creativity|
|Communication skills||Time management|
|Project management||Analytics and reporting|
|Trend identification||Content strategy development|
|Visual storytelling skills (e.g., photo, video)||User experience (UX) understanding|
|Target audience identification||Collaboration and teamwork|
|Adaptability to new tools/platforms||Copyright and fair use knowledge|
|Critical thinking||Brand consistency awareness|
Common Action Verbs for Pinterest Content Curator Resumes
Crafting a Pinterest Content Curator Resume can be quite a challenge, especially when it comes to finding different action verbs to use. It is essential to use varied verbs in order to showcase your diverse skill set and make your resume stand out among others. Using the same verb repeatedly can make your resume monotonous and less appealing to potential employers. Therefore, it is crucial to invest time and effort in identifying appropriate action verbs that accurately reflect your abilities and experience, ultimately helping you create an impressive Pinterest Content Curator Resume.
To provide you with a competitive advantage, we have assembled a collection of impactful action verbs to enhance your resume and secure your next interview:
Related: What does a Curatorial Assistant do?