Microsoft Technical Program Manager Resume Examples
This article provides resume examples and tips for Microsoft Technical Program Managers to help them create a professional, effective resume.
Published 9 min read
This article will provide step-by-step instructions for writing an effective resume to apply for a Technical Program Manager position at Microsoft. It will cover the sections of a resume, such as educational background, technical experience, and professional achievements that should be highlighted in order to demonstrate the candidate's qualifications for the role. It will also provide guidance on how to best showcase these accomplishments in order to stand out from other applicants.
Microsoft Technical Program Manager Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Microsoft Technical Program Manager Resume Example
Maire Sandbach, Technical Program Manager
I am a highly organized Technical Program Manager with over 3 years of experience in driving successful software development initiatives. My expertise lies in developing and deploying technical solutions, leading cross-functional teams, and managing complex projects. I have a proven track record of successful project management and delivery, with experience in developing and managing customer-facing software applications. In my previous role, I successfully drove the development and deployment of a customer-facing web application, leading a cross-functional team of 10 engineers and product managers. I also managed the project budget and timelines, ensuring that the project was completed on time and within budget. Additionally, I collaborated with stakeholders to develop and maintain product roadmaps, ensuring that customer requirements were met. Overall, I am a detail-oriented, self-motivated individual, with a passion for technology and a commitment to driving successful software initiatives.
Technical Program Manager at JPMorgan Chase & Co., DE
Oct 2022 - Present
- Developed and launched a mobile banking app for JPMorgan Chase & Co., DE in under 6 months, resulting in an increase of 20% in customer engagement and satisfaction.
- Spearheaded the successful deployment of a cloud-based system for JPMorgan Chase & Co., DE, which reduced IT costs by 30% and improved system performance by 35%.
- Led the successful migration of over 10,000 customer accounts from legacy systems to the new cloud-based platform, ensuring data accuracy and security while reducing time to complete the process by 40%.
Associate Technical Program Manager at Microsoft Corporation, DE
Sep 2020 - Aug 2022
- Spearheaded the migration of 10 legacy applications to the cloud, resulting in an 80% reduction in operational costs and a 30% increase in productivity.
- Developed a comprehensive training program for new developers, resulting in a 20% decrease in onboarding time and a 15% improvement in customer service.
- Led the development of a new product feature, resulting in a 10% increase in user engagement and a 15% increase in revenue.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering at University of Delaware, Newark, DE
Aug 2015 - May 2020
Relevant Coursework: Digital Logic Design, Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Computer Architecture, Computer Programming.
- Project Management
- Technical Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Thinking
- Certified Technical Program Manager (CTPM)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Tips for Writing a Better Microsoft Technical Program Manager Resume
1. Highlight Your Technical Experience: Microsoft Technical Program Managers need to be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of technology, so make sure to include any technical experience you have on your resume. List any certifications, trainings, or courses related to technology that you’ve completed. If you have experience working with specific technologies or software, mention it as well.
2. Showcase Your Leadership Skills: Microsoft Technical Program Managers are expected to lead teams and manage projects, so highlighting your leadership skills is important. Describe any previous management roles you’ve held and provide examples of how you’ve successfully led teams in the past.
3. Include Relevant Projects: Showcase the projects you’ve worked on that are related to program management or technology-focused initiatives. Include details about what technologies were used and the outcomes of the project if possible.
4. Focus on Results: When describing your accomplishments on your resume, focus on quantifiable results whenever possible. For example, instead of simply saying “managed a successful project launch” it could be phrased as “successfully launched a project ahead of schedule and within budget” which provides more detail about the outcome of your work.
5. Use Keywords: Most resumes today are read by applicant tracking systems before they reach human eyes, so use keywords throughout your resume that are relevant to the position you’re applying for such as “program manager”, “technical program manager”, “project management” etc.. This will help ensure that your resume is properly indexed by these systems and increase the chances of being seen by recruiters or hiring managers looking for someone with your skillset and experience level
Related: Technical Program Manager Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Microsoft Technical Program Manager Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description into your application when applying for a Technical Program Manager opportunity at Microsoft is crucial. This is because Microsoft uses an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to review applications and match them with the requirements of a job. The ATS scans resumes for keywords and phrases related to the position, so it's important to include language from the job description that reflects your skills and experience. Doing this will help ensure that your resume gets flagged by the ATS, which increases your chance of being considered for the role.
When applying for Technical Program Manager positions at Microsoft, common skills and key terms you may encounter include:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Project Management||Technical Leadership|
|Agile Methodologies||Strategic Planning|
|Risk Management||Stakeholder Management|
|Process Improvement||Budgeting & Cost Control|
|Decision Making||Requirements Analysis|
|Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)||Quality Assurance (QA)|
|Business Analysis||Change Management|
|Vendor Management||Cross-Functional Collaboration|
|Negotiation Skills||System Design & Architecture|
Related: Technical Program Manager Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Microsoft Technical Program Manager Resumes
When creating a resume for Microsoft Technical Program Manager position, it can be difficult to find the right action verbs to use. It’s important to use varied and powerful verbs to make your resume stand out and show potential employers that you have the necessary skills and experience for the job. Using words such as “implemented”, “managed” or “supervised” can help demonstrate your technical abilities and management skills. Additionally, using words like “coordinated” or “developed” can show that you are organized, creative and able to work with others in order to get the job done. By incorporating different action verbs into your resume, you can make it more engaging while also showing employers that you are qualified for the position.
To give you an advantage in your job search, we've put together a list of powerful action verbs to help strengthen your resume and increase your chances of landing your next interview: