Microsoft Data Scientist Intern Resume Examples
This article provides examples of resumes for Microsoft Data Scientist Internships, offering tips and guidance on how to create an effective resume.
Updated 8 min read
This article will provide readers with a comprehensive guide on how to craft an effective resume for a Data Scientist Internship at Microsoft. It will cover topics such as highlighting your skills and qualifications, emphasizing relevant experiences and accomplishments, creating an engaging summary, and other tips to make sure your resume stands out from the competition.
Microsoft Data Scientist Intern Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Microsoft Data Scientist Intern Resume Example
Shelma Belley, Data Scientist Intern
St. Louis, MO
As a Data Scientist Intern with over 1 year of experience, I have honed my analytical and problem-solving skills to work with large data sets. I have developed strong experience in data mining, visualization, and predictive analysis techniques. My background in statistical software, machine learning algorithms, and programming languages such as R and Python have enabled me to become a valuable asset to any team. I have worked collaboratively with stakeholders to analyze data and develop data-driven solutions. My expertise in data-driven decision making and communication skills have enabled me to present my findings and insights to key stakeholders. I am passionate about leveraging the power of data to identify trends and insights that can be harnessed to create value for the organization.
Data Scientist Intern at UnitedHealth Group, MO
Oct 2022 - Present
- Developed a deep learning model to automate the diagnosis of medical images with 97% accuracy. Utilizing the model, UnitedHealth Group was able to diagnose medical images with greater accuracy and efficiency, resulting in improved patient care and cost savings of $50K.
- Developed a predictive algorithm to forecast patient care needs with an accuracy of 85%, reducing patient wait times by 30%. This algorithm has allowed UnitedHealth Group to better anticipate patient needs and provide more timely and efficient care.
- Implemented a machine learning-based system to identify and classify anomalies in medical records. This system identified and flagged over 6,000 anomalies that required further review, leading to a 15% reduction in errors in patient record-keeping.
Data Science Associate Intern at Cerner Corporation, MO
Jul 2022 - Aug 2022
- Developed an automated system to classify and label patient records, resulting in a 15% reduction in manual labor and an 8% increase in accuracy.
- Created a predictive analytics model to forecast patient volume and resource needs, resulting in a 10% improvement in resource utilization.
- Analyzed patient outcomes data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement, leading to a 5% decrease in readmission rates.
Bachelor of Science in Data Science at Washington University in St. Louis, MO
Aug 2017 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Database Systems, Algorithms, Statistics and Probability, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Natural Language Processing.
- Machine Learning
- Data Analysis
- Programming (Python, R)
- Statistical Modeling
- Data Visualization
- Database Management
- Cloudera Certified Professional: Data Scientist
- Microsoft Certified Azure Data Scientist Associate
Tips for Writing a Better Microsoft Data Scientist Intern Resume
1. Highlight Your Technical Skills: Make sure to include any technical skills you possess that are relevant to the role of a Data Scientist Intern. This includes programming languages, statistical software, and other data analysis tools.
2. Showcase Your Projects: Include any projects you’ve completed related to data science, either in school or outside of it. Be sure to explain what you did and how it helped your team reach its goals.
3. Use Keywords: Research the company and job description to identify keywords that show that you have the right qualifications for the role. Incorporate those words into your resume where appropriate so recruiters can find you more easily when searching for candidates.
4. Focus on Achievements: Instead of simply listing responsibilities, use bullet points to highlight accomplishments from past positions that demonstrate your value as a candidate.
5. Keep It Concise: Microsoft is a large organization with many qualified applicants, so make sure your resume is concise and easy to read at a glance by using clear formatting and language and avoiding unnecessary details or irrelevant information.
Related: Data Scientist Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Microsoft Data Scientist Intern Resumes
Using keywords from the job description when applying for a Data Scientist Intern opportunity at Microsoft is essential. This is due to the fact that Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) are used by many companies, including Microsoft, to help them filter through job applications. The ATS scans for relevant keywords in order to determine which applicants should be considered for the position. Therefore, it is important to include as many of these keywords in your application as possible in order to ensure your resume passes the initial screening process and is seen by hiring managers.
When applying for a data scientist intern position at Microsoft, potential candidates should be familiar with the common skills and key terms listed below.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Machine Learning||Data Analysis|
|Data Visualization||Big Data Analytics|
|Artificial Intelligence (AI)||Natural Language Processing (NLP)|
|Deep Learning||Data Mining|
|Data Warehousing||Predictive Modeling|
|Business Intelligence||Cloud Computing|
|Algorithm Development||Mathematics & Statistics|
|NoSQL Databases||Apache Hadoop|
|Tableau Software||Microsoft Excel|
Related: Data Scientist Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Microsoft Data Scientist Intern Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on your resume can be a difficult task. It is important to use varied and powerful verbs that accurately describe your experience and accomplishments in order to create an effective Microsoft Data Scientist Intern Resume. Using strong action verbs such as “developed,” “analyzed,” “created,” “initiated,” and “implemented” will help highlight your skills and make your resume stand out among the competition. Additionally, it is important to avoid generic words like “assisted” or “worked on.” By using more specific action verbs, you can effectively communicate the scope of your work and demonstrate your qualifications for the position.
Give yourself a competitive edge by utilizing powerful action verbs in your resume! Our list of action verbs will help you stand out and land your next interview:
Related: What does a Data Scientist do?