LinkedIn Back End Developer Resume Examples
Published 9 min read
This article offers a detailed guide on how to craft an impressive LinkedIn resume specifically for Back End Developers. It will cover key areas such as how to effectively highlight your technical skills, including proficiency in various programming languages, databases, and server-side frameworks. The article will also provide tips on showcasing your experience with system architecture, data modeling, and other relevant back-end tasks. Additionally, it discusses the importance of emphasizing problem-solving abilities, collaborative work experiences and project management skills. Strategies for creating compelling summaries and tips on using endorsements and recommendations to boost your profile will also be explored.
LinkedIn Back End Developer Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
LinkedIn Back End Developer Resume Example
Shakeya Daynes, Back End Developer
Back End Developer with 1-year experience in designing and implementing server-side application logic. Possesses a solid understanding of programming languages such as Java, Python, and C#. Proven expertise in database technology, data modeling, and API integrations. Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a dedication to delivering high-quality, efficient, and streamlined applications. Seeking to leverage these skills to effectively meet business needs and contribute to a dynamic team.
Senior Back End Developer at Red Hat, NC
May 2023 - Present
- Implemented a new server architecture that increased system efficiency by 35%, resulting in a significant reduction in server downtime and maintenance costs.
- Led the development and successful deployment of a major update to the company's cloud storage system, which improved data access speeds by 50% and allowed for 20% more storage capacity.
- Successfully migrated legacy systems to modern, scalable technologies without disrupting service, which improved system performance by 40% and reduced operational costs by 25%.
- Streamlined the company's codebase by introducing automated testing and continuous integration practices, reducing software bugs by 30% and accelerating the development cycle by 20%.
Junior Back End Developer at Credit Karma, NC
Jul 2022 - Apr 2023
- Implemented a new data storage solution that improved system efficiency by 35%, resulting in faster response times for over 2 million users.
- Successfully led the debugging and resolution of over 500 back-end issues, improving overall system stability by 20%.
- Enhanced the security of Credit Karma's user financial data by developing and implementing advanced encryption methods, reducing potential data breaches by 40%.
Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering at North Carolina State University, NC
Sep 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Software Development, Data Structures, Algorithms, Computer Architecture, Database Systems, Operating Systems, Web Development, Mobile Application Development, Software Testing, Software Project Management, Computer Networks, Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning.
- Ruby on Rails
- NET Framework
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate
Tips for Writing a Better LinkedIn Back End Developer Resume
1. Be Specific: Instead of saying you have experience in back end development, specify what languages or frameworks you have worked with such as Python, Java, Ruby on Rails, or .NET.
2. Use Keywords: Make sure to include relevant keywords that potential employers might be searching for. This could include specific programming languages, tools, methodologies or concepts relevant to back end development.
3. Highlight Achievements: Instead of just listing your duties at previous jobs, highlight specific achievements or projects that you were a part of.
4. Show Your Impact: Use numbers and data to show how your work made an impact. For example, you could say something like "Optimized API queries resulting in a 30% reduction in server load".
5. Include Relevant Certifications: If you have any relevant certifications such as AWS Certified Developer or Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate, make sure to include these in your profile.
6. Keep It Updated: Ensure that your profile is always up-to-date with your latest skills and experiences.
7. Avoid Jargon: While it's important to include technical skills and experiences, avoid using too much jargon and keep the language clear and understandable.
8. Show Soft Skills: Technical skills are important but don't forget to also highlight soft skills such as problem-solving abilities, teamwork and communication skills.
9. Include Volunteer Work or Side Projects: If you've done any volunteer work or side projects related to back end development, make sure to include these as they can demonstrate passion and initiative.
10. Proofread : Always proofread your resume before posting it online to ensure there are no errors or typos which can give off a bad impression.
11. Get Recommendations : Ask for recommendations from colleagues or superiors who can vouch for your skills and expertise in backend development.
12. Use LinkedIn's Features : Make use of LinkedIn's features like adding a professional photo, writing a compelling headline and summary about yourself.
13. Join Relevant Groups : Join groups related to backend development on LinkedIn which will not only help expand your network but also show potential employers that you are active in the field.
Related: Backend Developer Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on LinkedIn Back End Developer Resumes
Including keywords from the job description in your application is crucial when applying for a Back End Developer position at LinkedIn. The company utilizes Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to manage their recruitment process. This software scans each application and ranks them based on their relevance to the job description. By incorporating keywords such as 'Java', '.NET', 'SQL' or 'Python', which are commonly required for Back End roles, your application is more likely to pass the initial screening stage and be seen by a hiring manager. Furthermore, these keywords demonstrate that you possess the technical skills necessary for the role, increasing your chances of being selected for an interview. Therefore, tailoring your resume and cover letter to match the specific requirements of the job description can greatly improve your chances of being considered for a position at LinkedIn.
Here are some common skills and key terms you might come across when applying for back-end developer positions at LinkedIn:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|PHP||Ruby on Rails|
|MVC architecture understanding||Git and GitHub|
|Data structures and algorithms||Problem-solving skills|
|Docker/Kubernetes||AWS/Azure/GCP (Cloud services)|
|Unit testing and debugging||Knowledge of security concerns and best practices|
|Server-side languages knowledge||C#|
Common Action Verbs for LinkedIn Back End Developer Resumes
Crafting a LinkedIn Back End Developer Resume can be quite challenging, especially when it comes to identifying diverse action verbs to use. Limiting yourself to the same set of verbs may result in a monotonous and unimpressive resume. Hence, it's crucial to broaden your vocabulary and incorporate a variety of action verbs, which are instrumental in describing your skills, experiences, and achievements with more precision and impact. These powerful words not only enhance the readability of your resume but also make it more compelling for potential employers, increasing your chances of being noticed and considered for a job opportunity.
To provide you with a competitive advantage, we have assembled a list of impactful action verbs that can enhance your resume and secure your next interview:
Related: What does a Backend Developer do?