LinkedIn Account Executive Resume Examples
This article provides examples and tips for crafting a compelling LinkedIn Account Executive resume to catch the attention of potential employers.
Published 9 min read
This article provides detailed guidelines on crafting an impactful LinkedIn resume for the role of an Account Executive. It will explore essential elements such as identifying relevant skills, showcasing your experience and achievements in sales or account management, and highlighting your ability to build and maintain client relationships. The piece will also offer advice on using action-oriented language, incorporating keywords that potential employers might search for, demonstrating knowledge of the industry you wish to work in, and how to create a compelling summary. The objective is to help you stand out from the crowd and grab the attention of recruiters looking for talented Account Executives on LinkedIn.
LinkedIn Account Executive Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
LinkedIn Account Executive Resume Example
Eunice Pelland, Account Executive
Rapid City, SD
Motivated Account Executive with 1 year of experience in managing client relationships and driving sales growth. Demonstrated proficiency in developing innovative sales strategies, conducting market research, and negotiating contracts. Possesses excellent communication skills and an ability to maintain strong relationships with clients. Known for a detail-oriented approach and a dedication to achieving customer satisfaction.
Senior Account Executive at First PREMIER Bank, SD
May 2023 - Present
- Successfully managed and grew a portfolio of 50 high-value accounts, resulting in an increase in annual revenue by 30% for First PREMIER Bank.
- Implemented new strategies that improved client retention rates by 20%, leading to a significant improvement in customer satisfaction scores.
- Negotiated and closed deals worth over $5 million, contributing substantially to the bank's profitability and exceeding annual sales targets by 15%.
Account Executive at Daktronics, Inc., SD
Sep 2022 - Mar 2023
- Secured a $2 million contract with a major sports franchise for the installation of new digital signage, representing a 20% increase in annual sales for the company.
- Successfully managed and grew a portfolio of 50+ clients resulting in a 30% increase in client retention and a 15% increase in upselling opportunities.
- Led the negotiation and closing of a significant deal with a major outdoor advertising company, which resulted in a $1.5 million revenue boost for Daktronics, Inc.
- Implemented a new CRM system that improved the tracking of sales activities and customer interactions, leading to a 25% increase in team productivity and a 10% increase in customer satisfaction scores.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Marketing at University of South Dakota, SD
Sep 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Marketing Principles, Market Research, Consumer Behavior, Advertising and Promotion, Digital Marketing, Sales Management, Strategic Marketing, International Marketing, Brand Management, and Business Communications.
- Salesforce, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM Software, Google Analytics, Tableau, HubSpot.
- Certified Professional Sales Person (CPSP)
- Certified Strategic Account Manager (CSAM)
Tips for Writing a Better LinkedIn Account Executive Resume
1. Highlight Your Skills: Clearly mention the skills that make you a good fit for an account executive role. These can include relationship building, sales strategy, customer service, negotiation, project management, and more.
2. Use Action Words: Start each bullet point of your job descriptions with action verbs like 'managed', 'led', 'developed', 'increased' etc. This makes your resume more dynamic and impactful.
3. Quantify Achievements: Wherever possible, use numbers to quantify your achievements. For example, if you increased sales by a certain percentage or managed a specific number of accounts.
4. Tailor Your Resume: Make sure your resume is tailored to the account executive role you're applying for. Highlight past work experience that is relevant to this role.
5. Include Relevant Keywords: Many companies use automated tracking systems (ATS) to screen resumes before they reach a human recruiter. Including keywords from the job description can help your resume pass this initial screening.
6. Use Professional Language: Keep the tone of your resume professional and avoid using jargon or acronyms that may not be understood by everyone who reads it.
7. Proofread Thoroughly: Ensure there are no spelling or grammatical errors in your resume as these can create a bad impression.
8. Keep It Concise: Aim for a length of one to two pages maximum. Recruiters typically spend only a few seconds initially reviewing each resume so make sure yours is easy to skim read.
9. Show Career Progression: Highlight how you've progressed in your career by mentioning promotions or increased responsibilities over time.
10. Include LinkedIn Profile: Including the link to your LinkedIn profile on your resume can give recruiters an additional source of information about you and show them that you're active online professionally.
11.Write A Strong Summary Or Objective: Start with a strong summary or objective at the top of your resume which clearly articulates your experience, skills and what you're looking for in terms of career progression.
12.Include Certifications And Training Courses : If you have any certifications or training related to sales or account management, include those in your education section.
Remember that every job application is different so always tailor each application accordingly!
Related: Account Executive Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on LinkedIn Account Executive Resumes
Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) are used by many top companies, including LinkedIn, to streamline their recruitment process. These systems sort through hundreds or even thousands of resumes, ranking them based on their relevance to the job description. As such, when applying for an Account Executive position at LinkedIn, it's vital to incorporate keywords from the job description into your resume and cover letter. This increases the chances of your application being flagged as a strong match for the role. Keywords could include specific skills, experiences or qualifications mentioned in the job posting. Not only does this demonstrate that you've carefully read and understood what's required for the role, but it also helps ensure that your application makes it past ATS filters and into the hands of a human recruiter.
When applying for account executive positions at LinkedIn, you may encounter a list of common skills and key terms.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Sales and negotiation skills||Customer service|
|Relationship building||Communication skills|
|Time management||Strategic planning|
|Problem-solving abilities||Organizational skills|
|Business acumen||Financial forecasting|
|Product knowledge||CRM software proficiency|
|Presentation skills||Leadership abilities|
|Teamwork and collaboration||Market research and analysis|
|Project management||Decision-making skills|
|Networking capabilities||Adaptability to change|
|Conflict resolution skills||Technical understanding of the product or service being sold|
Common Action Verbs for LinkedIn Account Executive Resumes
Crafting an effective LinkedIn Account Executive Resume can be a challenging task, particularly when it comes to selecting diverse action verbs. The use of repetitive or common verbs may lead to a lackluster resume that fails to stand out among the competition. Utilizing a variety of action verbs not only enhances the appeal of your resume but also aids in effectively communicating your skills and experiences. These action verbs serve as powerful tools that provide a dynamic description of your capabilities and achievements. Consequently, they play an integral role in creating a compelling narrative about your professional journey, thereby improving the chances of capturing the attention of potential employers or clients.
To provide you with a competitive advantage, we've assembled a list of impactful action verbs to enhance your resume and secure your next interview:
Related: What does an Account Executive do?