IBM Security Guard Resume Examples
Published 9 min read
This article provides valuable insights on how to craft a compelling resume for a security guard position at IBM, one of the world's leading tech companies. It will guide you through the essential elements you need to include such as your professional summary, key skills, certifications, and relevant work experience. The article also shares tips on highlighting your knowledge about technology and cybersecurity measures, which are crucial in today's digital age. Furthermore, it explains how to showcase your problem-solving abilities and attention to detail – traits that IBM highly values in its security personnel. So if you're aiming for a security guard role in this prestigious company, this article is your go-to guide to prepare an impressive resume that stands out from the competition.
IBM Security Guard Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
IBM Security Guard Resume Example
Briasia Bretzke, Security Guard
Dedicated Security Guard with a year of experience in providing safety and security to assigned premises. Proficient in operating security systems, conducting patrols, and writing reports detailing incidents. Exceptional ability to stay alert at all times, respond effectively to emergency situations, and maintain a high level of confidentiality. Committed to preventing theft, violence, and vandalism on the property. Excellent problem-solving and communication skills with a keen eye for detail.
Security Guard at Securitas Security Services USA, Inc., MT
May 2023 - Present
- Successfully reduced incidents of theft by 40% at a large retail client site through strategic implementation of surveillance systems and diligent patrolling.
- Conducted comprehensive security audits that led to the identification and rectification of 25+ previously unnoticed security loopholes, significantly enhancing overall site security.
- Trained and mentored over 20 new security personnel, enhancing their understanding of company protocols and improving overall team performance.
Security Officer at G4S Secure Solutions, MT
Jul 2022 - Apr 2023
- Successfully reduced security incidents by 40% over a period of 12 months by implementing new surveillance methods and enhancing existing security protocols.
- Managed a team of 10 security personnel, improving their efficiency by 30% through regular training sessions and performance feedback.
- Conducted over 1500 hours of CCTV surveillance, leading to the prevention of potential thefts and vandalism incidents on the property.
- Implemented a new access control system which increased the efficiency of visitor check-ins by 50%, reducing waiting times and improving overall satisfaction rates.
High School Diploma with Security Guard Training Certification at Billings Senior High School, Billings, MT
Aug 2017 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, Security Procedures, Conflict Resolution, Surveillance Systems, Public Safety, First Aid/CPR, and Physical Conditioning.
- CCTV Monitoring
- Access Control Systems
- Biometric Security
- Intrusion Detection
- Radio Communication
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Video Surveillance
- Certified Protection Officer (CPO)
- Certified in Security Supervision and Management (CSSM)
Tips for Writing a Better IBM Security Guard Resume
1. Highlight Relevant Skills: List down all the skills that you have which are relevant to the job of a security guard such as surveillance, risk assessment, first aid, and emergency response. Also mention any technical skills like CCTV monitoring or alarm systems.
2. Use Action Verbs: Use action verbs to describe your responsibilities and achievements in previous jobs. This will make your resume more dynamic and engaging. For example, instead of saying "responsible for patrolling premises", say "patrolled premises regularly".
3. Showcase Certifications: If you have any certifications related to security management or law enforcement, be sure to include them in your resume. These could give you an edge over other applicants.
4. Detail Your Experience: Detail your experience in the field of security by mentioning the companies you have worked for, the duration of your employment, and the roles & responsibilities you had.
5. Include Achievements: If you have received any awards or recognitions in your career as a security guard, make sure to include them in your resume to show potential employers that you are capable and reliable.
6. Tailor Your Resume: Customize your resume according to the specific requirements of the job at IBM. If certain skills or experiences are emphasized in the job description, make sure they are clearly highlighted in your resume.
7. Proofread: Always proofread your resume before sending it out to avoid any grammatical errors or typos which can create a bad impression.
8. Keep It Concise: Try to keep your resume concise and clear; it should ideally not be more than one page long.
9. Professional Summary/ Objective Statement: Begin with a strong summary or objective statement that highlights your key qualifications and career goals as they relate specifically to a security guard position at IBM.
10. Mention Additional Training: If you've undergone additional training programs related to safety procedures, crisis response etc., do mention them as it shows initiative and preparedness on your part.
Remember that honesty is crucial when writing a resume; never exaggerate or lie about your qualifications or experience.
Related: Security Guard Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on IBM Security Guard Resumes
When applying for a Security Guard role at IBM, it is crucial to incorporate keywords from the job description in your application. This is because IBM, like many large corporations, uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to manage their hiring process. These systems scan each application and resume for specific keywords related to the job description. If your application doesn't include these keywords, it may be automatically discarded by the system before a human ever sees it. Therefore, carefully reading the job description and incorporating relevant keywords into your application can significantly increase your chances of getting noticed by IBM's hiring team.
When applying for security guard positions at IBM, you may encounter a list of common skills and key terms.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies
|Knowledge of Security Operations and Procedure
|Ability to Operate Detecting Systems and Emergency Equipment
|Understanding of Public Safety and Security
|Good Communication Skills
|Crisis Management Skills
|First Aid and CPR Certified
|Surveillance Systems Knowledge
|Conflict Resolution Skills
|Report Writing Abilities
|Law Enforcement Background
|Decision Making Skills
|Honesty and Integrity
|Problem Solving Abilities
|Familiarity with Legal Guidelines for Area Security and Public Safety
|Customer Service Orientation
|Technical Proficiency (use of security systems, alarms, etc.)
Common Action Verbs for IBM Security Guard Resumes
Crafting a compelling IBM Security Guard Resume can be challenging, particularly when it comes to diversifying the action verbs used. It is not uncommon to find yourself repeating the same verbs, which can result in a monotonous and unimpressive resume. However, varying your action verbs is essential as it helps to highlight your skills, experiences and achievements in different lights. This variation can capture the attention of potential employers and increase your chances of being considered for the job. Hence, it is crucial to invest time in finding and using different action verbs that are relevant and powerful when creating an IBM Security Guard Resume.
To provide you with an advantage over others, we have curated a list of strong action verbs that can be utilized to enhance your resume and secure your next interview:
Related: What does a Security Guard do?