Google Administrative Assistant Resume Examples
This article provides examples of effective resumes for Google Administrative Assistants, as well as tips for crafting a successful job application.
Published 9 min read
This article will provide readers with tips and guidance on how to craft a resume for an administrative assistant position at Google. It will cover topics such as what keywords and phrases to use, how to highlight relevant experience, and what type of information should be included in the body of the resume. Additionally, it will explain the importance of tailoring your resume to the job posting and offer advice on how to make yourself stand out from other applicants.
Google Administrative Assistant Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Google Administrative Assistant Resume Example
Phyllis Roupe, Administrative Assistant
Des Moines, IA
I am an organized and detail-oriented administrative assistant with over 1 year of experience in a fast-paced office environment. I have a proven track record of providing excellent administrative support while managing multiple projects with accuracy and efficiency. I am highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and I possess excellent customer service and communication skills. I am comfortable working independently or as part of a team to ensure that all tasks are completed accurately and on time. I am reliable and dependable with a strong work ethic. I am confident in my ability to provide exceptional administrative services to any organization.
Administrative Assistant at Iowa State University, IA
Nov 2022 - Present
- Managed the scheduling of over 70 appointments per month for faculty and staff at Iowa State University, resulting in an increase of efficiency by 15%.
- Developed a comprehensive filing system which enabled quick retrieval of documents needed to complete administrative tasks. This resulted in saving 20 hours each week on paperwork alone.
- Created monthly reports detailing budget usage within departments across the university that led to cost savings up to $50K annually.
- Organized 10 successful events with more than 330 attendees throughout the year; this included managing catering services and reserving event space as well as coordinating presentations given by various speakers from around campus.
Administrative Assistant II at University of Iowa, IA
Sep 2022 - Oct 2022
- Developed a new filing system to organize over 5,000 student records that resulted in an 80% decrease of staff search time.
- Created and implemented a comprehensive training program for administrative assistants involving 10 sessions per month with attendance averaging 120 people each session.
- Streamlined the recruitment process by creating onboarding checklists that decreased processing time from 2 weeks down to 4 days for all incoming employees at University of Iowa's HR department.
- Assisted in developing budget plans resulting in saving $50,000 annually across multiple departments within university campus.
Associate's Degree in Business Administration at Des Moines Area Community College, Des Moines, IA
Sep 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Accounting, Business Law, Human Resources, Marketing, and Economics.
- Time Management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
- Certified Virtual Assistant (CVA)
Tips for Writing a Better Google Administrative Assistant Resume
1. Highlight Your Technical Skills: As an administrative assistant, you must be proficient with computers and other technology. Therefore, make sure to highlight your technical skills in your resume to demonstrate that you have the necessary abilities to succeed in this role.
2. Include Relevant Work Experience: When writing your resume, it’s important to include any relevant work experience that could help you stand out from other applicants. This could include volunteer work or internships related to administrative tasks.
3. Focus on Soft Skills: Administrative assistants need strong organizational and communication skills, so make sure to emphasize these soft skills in your resume. Showcase how you’ve used them in past positions and how they can help you excel at Google as an administrative assistant.
4. Use Keywords: Employers often use “resume bots” when searching for potential candidates for a position, so make sure that your resume includes keywords related to administrative assistant roles such as “schedule management” and “data entry”.
5. Customize Your Resume for Each Position: When applying for a job at Google, it’s important to customize your resume for each position that you apply for. Make sure that each version of the resume is tailored specifically to the job description so that employers can easily see why you are the perfect candidate for the role!
Related: Administrative Assistant Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Google Administrative Assistant Resumes
When applying for an Administrative Assistant opportunity at Google, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application materials. This is because Google uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), which are computer programs that scan resumes and applications for specific keywords related to the job being applied for. If the ATS does not find the relevant keywords, then your application will not be considered. Therefore, using relevant keywords from the job posting in your resume and cover letter can help ensure that your application makes it past the ATS screening stage and into the hands of a human recruiter.
When applying for administrative assistant positions at Google, you may encounter the following common skills and key terms in job postings.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Meeting Coordination||Travel Arrangements|
|Office Management||Data Entry|
|Filing/Record Keeping||Customer Service|
|Event Planning||Database Administration|
|Spreadsheet Creation/Management||Presentation Development|
|Research & Analysis||Report Writing|
|Process Improvement||Problem Solving|
Related: Administrative Assistant Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Google Administrative Assistant Resumes
Finding different action verbs to use on a resume can be challenging. It is important to use varied verbs in order to create an effective and impactful Google Administrative Assistant Resume. Using the same words over and over again can make it difficult for employers to understand the scope of your experience. Additionally, using different words will help your resume stand out from the crowd. Examples of action verbs that could be used include implemented, organized, collaborated, developed, led, monitored, managed, and facilitated.
To give you the competitive edge you need to land your next interview, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs you can use to strengthen your resume: