CVS Store Manager Resume Examples
This article provides examples of effective CVS Store Manager resumes and cover letters that can help you create an impactful resume to land your dream job.
Published 9 min read
This article will provide a step-by-step guide for creating an effective resume for a store manager position at CVS. It will cover key elements such as including relevant experience, skills, and accomplishments; emphasizing customer service; and tailoring the resume to the specific job description. Plus, tips on using keywords and showcasing your strengths to stand out from other applicants.
CVS Store Manager Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
CVS Store Manager Resume Example
Minta Hefflinger, Store Manager
Highly motivated and experienced Store Manager with over 3 years of experience in retail management. Demonstrated success in recruiting, training, and motivating sales teams to increase customer satisfaction and sales. Skilled in analyzing market trends and customer behavior to develop and implement effective strategies to maximize sales productivity. Experienced in developing and improving operational processes to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and laws. Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with customers, vendors, and other stakeholders.
Store Manager at Walmart, WY
Jan 2023 - Present
- Improved store sales by 10% in 1 year. Through the implementation of new customer service initiatives, I increased the store's sales by 10%, resulting in a significant overall financial gain for the store.
- Increased customer satisfaction by 15%. By introducing a new customer loyalty program and implementing additional customer service training, I was able to increase customer satisfaction ratings by 15%.
- Reduced employee turnover by 20%. Through the introduction of an employee rewards program and improved communication between management and staff, I was able to reduce employee turnover by 20%.
- Developed store budget that reduced expenses by $25,000. By developing a detailed store budget, I was able to identify areas of waste and reduce expenses by $25,000 annually.
Assistant Store Manager at JCPenney, WY
Sep 2020 - Nov 2022
- Increased store sales by 10% year-over-year: Utilizing innovative marketing techniques and strategic planning, I was able to successfully increase store sales by 10% year-over-year. This was accomplished by creating a customer-centric environment, increasing customer loyalty, and expanding product offerings.
- Improved JCPenney customer experience ratings by 15%: Through the implementation of customer service initiatives and training programs, I was able to improve customer experience ratings by 15%. This led to an increase in customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Cut labor costs by 7%: Through careful scheduling and monitoring of payroll, I was able to reduce labor costs by 7%, while still maintaining high levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- Developed and implemented successful in-store promotions: I developed and implemented successful in-store promotions that increased customer traffic and sales. These promotions included special discounts, giveaways, and other creative ideas that attracted customers and drove sales.
Associate's Degree in Business Management at Laramie County Community College, Cheyenne, WY
Aug 2016 - May 2020
Relevant Coursework: Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Communications, Financial Accounting, Economics, and Marketing.
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Certified Retail Manager (CRM)
- Professional Certificate in Store Management
Tips for Writing a Better CVS Store Manager Resume
1. Highlight Your Leadership Skills: As a store manager, you are responsible for leading the team and ensuring the success of the store. Make sure to highlight your leadership skills on your resume, such as communication, problem-solving, decision making, customer service experience, and time management.
2. Showcase Your Knowledge of Store Operations: It is important to demonstrate to employers that you have a thorough understanding of store operations. Be sure to include any previous retail experience you have had and any special training or certifications that you may have received in this area.
3. Demonstrate Your Ability to Manage Finances: As a store manager, you must be able to manage the financial aspects of running a business. Include any relevant experience or education related to finance on your resume, such as accounting classes or budgeting experience.
4. Include Relevant Soft Skills: Employers want to know that you can handle challenging situations with ease and grace. Make sure that your resume includes soft skills like organization, multitasking abilities, and customer service knowledge so employers know that you are up for the challenge of managing a CVS store.
5. Use Action Verbs: When describing past job duties or accomplishments on your resume, use action verbs like “managed”, “oversaw”, “coordinated” and “organized” to help make it more impactful and attractive to employers.
Related: Store Manager Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on CVS Store Manager Resumes
When applying for a Store Manager opportunity at CVS, it's important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application materials. This is because CVS utilizes Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) which are software programs that scan and evaluate applications based on specific keywords and phrases. If the ATS does not recognize the keywords in your application materials, then your application may be overlooked or even rejected. By including relevant keywords from the job description, you'll ensure that your application stands out and increases its chances of being chosen for further review.
When applying for a store manager position at CVS, you may come across common skills and key terms such as those listed below.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Inventory Management||Sales Strategies|
|Loss Prevention||Recruiting & Training|
|Performance Evaluation||Computer Skills|
|Strategic Planning||Reporting & Analysis|
|Regulatory Compliance||Budgeting & Forecasting|
|Conflict Resolution||Marketing & Promotion|
Related: Store Manager Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for CVS Store Manager Resumes
Finding different and effective action verbs to use on a resume can be a difficult task. It is important to use varied and powerful verbs to create an impactful CV Store Manager Resume that will stand out from the competition. Not only do varied action verbs help show off your skill set, they are also essential for conveying your work experience in an eye-catching way. By using strong, descriptive words like ‘managed’, ‘initiated’, and ‘directed’ you can give potential employers a better insight into what you have achieved and how you would add value to their company.
Give yourself a competitive edge by using powerful action verbs in your resume! Here's a list of action verbs that can help you stand out and get your next interview:
Related: What does a Store Manager do?