CVS Shipping and Receiving Clerk Resume Examples
This article provides CVS Shipping and Receiving Clerk resume examples to help job seekers build their own professional resumes and stand out in the job market.
Updated 8 min read
This article will provide an overview of how to create a resume for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk position at CVS. It will discuss the most important skills and qualifications employers look for, as well as how to highlight your own unique experience and skillset in order to stand out from other applicants. It will also offer tips on how to present yourself effectively and professionally in order to be considered for the role.
CVS Shipping and Receiving Clerk Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
CVS Shipping and Receiving Clerk Resume Example
Caly Scano, Shipping and Receiving Clerk
I am a highly organized Shipping and Receiving Clerk with 1+ years of experience in the field. In my role, I have been responsible for receiving, inspecting, and documenting inbound shipments, as well as preparing and packaging orders for shipment. I am extremely detail-oriented and proactive in ensuring all shipments are properly tracked and delivered on time. I am proficient in the use of shipping software and have a strong understanding of inventory management and tracking. I am also well-versed in safety regulations and standards, and have a proven track record of ensuring all items are handled with utmost care.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk at Walmart, WV
Nov 2022 - Present
- Streamlined and improved Walmart's shipping and receiving processes, reducing shipping and receiving time by 25%.
- Handled over 2,000 shipments per month, ensuring all orders arrived on time and in perfect condition.
- Managed a team of 10 staff members and delegated tasks to ensure efficient workflow and maintain high productivity.
Shipping and Receiving Associate at Amazon, WV
Aug 2022 - Sep 2022
- Increased warehouse efficiency by 20% in 6 months: As the Shipping and Receiving Associate at Amazon, WV, I was able to successfully implement a new system for tracking and sorting incoming and outgoing packages. This allowed us to reduce the amount of time spent on each shipment and increase efficiency by 20%.
- Processed over 120 shipments daily: During my tenure as the Shipping and Receiving Associate at Amazon, WV, I was consistently able to process more than 120 shipments per day. This included packing, labeling, and organizing shipments for same-day delivery.
- Reduced inventory losses by 40%: By introducing a new system of tracking and monitoring inventory, I was able to reduce inventory losses by 40%. This resulted in significant cost savings and improved customer satisfaction.
High School Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management at West Virginia University Institute of Technology, Montgomery, WV
Sep 2017 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Introduction to Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Logistical Principles and Practices, Distribution and Warehouse Management, and Transportation Management.
- Inventory Management
- Data Entry
- Documentation Preparation
- Forklift Operation
- Computer Literacy
- Attention to Detail
- Certified Shipping and Receiving Professional (CSRP)
- Certified Logistics Associate (CLA)
Tips for Writing a Better CVS Shipping and Receiving Clerk Resume
1. Focus on your relevant experience: When writing your resume, make sure to emphasize any experience you have in shipping and receiving. Highlight the tasks you’ve performed, such as packing and labeling products, preparing shipments, tracking inventory, and managing returns.
2. Include key skills: Employers are looking for CVS Shipping and Receiving Clerks with a strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of applicable regulations. Make sure to include these key skills in your resume so employers know you possess the necessary qualifications for the job.
3. Showcase accomplishments: If you have any notable accomplishments in previous roles related to shipping and receiving, make sure to include them in your resume. Examples could include reducing costs or increasing efficiency through process improvements.
4. Demonstrate communication abilities: As a CVS Shipping and Receiving Clerk, you will need excellent communication skills when interacting with customers or suppliers over the phone or email. Make sure to highlight any customer service experience or communication courses you’ve taken in your resume to demonstrate your abilities in this area.
Related: Shipping Receiving Clerk Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on CVS Shipping and Receiving Clerk Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description when applying for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk opportunity at CVS is essential because the company utilizes Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to filter out applicants. ATS scans resumes and cover letters for relevant keywords that match the job description, so using those words in your application will increase your chances of getting past the initial screening process. Additionally, if you are able to highlight any experience or skills that are applicable to the role, it may further increase your chances of being called in for an interview.
When applying for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk position at CVS, some of the skills and key terms you may encounter include:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Inventory Management||Warehouse Management|
|Problem Solving||Attention to Detail|
|Loading/Unloading Trucks||Forklift Operation|
|Quality Control||Documentation Preparation|
|Shipping Documentation||Material Handling|
|Scanning Barcodes||Safety Procedures|
Related: Shipping Receiving Clerk Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for CVS Shipping and Receiving Clerk Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on a resume can be difficult. It is important to use varied verbs in order to create an interesting, engaging, and professional CVS Shipping and Receiving Clerk Resume. Using the same words over and over again can make your resume appear dull and unoriginal. Examples of action verbs for a shipping and receiving clerk include: organized, coordinated, managed, processed, monitored, tracked, inspected, inventoried, delivered, operated, maintained, stocked and loaded. Using these words strategically throughout your resume will help you stand out from other applicants.
Gain the competitive advantage you need with this list of powerful action verbs to bolster your resume and secure your next interview: