CVS Beauty Counter Manager Resume Examples
This article provides examples of resumes for CVS Beauty Counter Managers, highlighting key skills and experience to help applicants land their desired position.
Updated 9 min read
This article will provide step-by-step instructions for writing a resume for a position as Beauty Counter Manager at CVS. It will cover topics such as what skills and qualifications to highlight, how to showcase your experience in customer service and sales, and tips for customizing your resume to stand out from the competition.
CVS Beauty Counter Manager Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
CVS Beauty Counter Manager Resume Example
Marketa Pierret, Beauty Counter Manager
As a Beauty Counter Manager with over three years of experience, I have a successful track record of driving sales and ensuring customer satisfaction. I have a strong knowledge of beauty products and services, as well as an excellent eye for detail. My interpersonal skills and customer service approach have enabled me to build positive relationships with customers and create a loyal customer base. I have managed a number of teams, ensuring proper training and supervision of team members. I have also implemented a number of targeted sales and marketing activities to promote products and services. My ability to effectively communicate with customers, staff and stakeholders has enabled me to create a positive working environment and increase customer loyalty.
Beauty Counter Manager at Adore Organic Innovation, VT
Nov 2022 - Present
- Increased sales by 15% in the first quarter of 2019: As Beauty Counter Manager at Adore Organic Innovation, VT, I implemented a new sales strategy which focused on upselling services and products. This resulted in a 15% increase in sales in the first quarter of 2019 compared to the same period the previous year.
- Developed a successful loyalty program: I developed a loyalty program for Adore Organic Innovation's customers which rewarded repeat purchases with discounts and rewards. This program proved to be successful, with the number of loyal customers increasing by 20% within the first three months.
- Trained and mentored a team of five beauty consultants: I trained and mentored a team of five beauty consultants, helping them to build their skills and knowledge in order to better serve customers. During my tenure as Beauty Counter Manager, I was able to help the team increase their individual sales by an average of 10%, leading to increased overall sales for the store.
Beauty Counter Associate at Vermont Beauty Solutions, VT
Aug 2020 - Oct 2022
- Increased sales by 20% in a single quarter: As a Beauty Counter Associate at Vermont Beauty Solutions, I successfully increased sales by 20% in the third quarter of 2020. My efforts included providing detailed product knowledge to customers and ensuring that each customer had a positive shopping experience.
- Exceeded customer service expectations: I consistently exceeded customer service expectations by providing an exceptional level of customer service, including friendly interactions and timely responses to customer inquiries. This resulted in a 10% increase in customer satisfaction surveys from the previous quarter.
- Developed marketing strategy: I developed a successful marketing strategy that resulted in a 15% increase in website traffic and a 10% increase in online sales. This strategy included leveraging social media platforms, creating targeted advertisements, and developing relationships with influencers in the beauty industry.
Associate of Arts in Cosmetology at Vermont Technical College, Randolph Center, VT
Sep 2015 - May 2020
Relevant Coursework: Sanitation and Sterilization, Hair Cutting and Styling, Skin Care and Makeup, Salon Business Management.
- Customer Service
- Inventory Management
- Team Leadership
- Product Knowledge
- Visual Merchandising
- Certified Beauty Counter Manager (CBCM)
- Professional Makeup Artist Certification
Tips for Writing a Better CVS Beauty Counter Manager Resume
1. Highlight your sales experience: A CVS Beauty Counter Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the beauty counter, including sales and customer service. Make sure to emphasize any prior sales experience you have on your resume, such as working in retail or completing a sales training program.
2. Emphasize customer service skills: Customer service is a big part of this job, so make sure to highlight any customer service skills you have on your resume. Include any certifications or awards you’ve received that demonstrate your commitment to excellent customer service.
3. Showcase leadership abilities: As a CVS Beauty Counter Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of employees and motivating them to reach their goals. Include examples of successful team management projects you’ve completed in the past and describe how they benefited the organization.
4. Use keywords: Be sure to include relevant keywords throughout your resume that are related to the position you’re applying for, such as “beauty products” or “cosmetics sales”. Utilizing industry-specific language will demonstrate that you understand what the job entails and make it easier for recruiters to find your resume among others.
5. Keep it concise: Your resume should be no longer than two pages long and should focus on accomplishments rather than duties or responsibilities from past positions. Focus on providing evidence of how your work has positively impacted organizations in the past and avoid using overly wordy sentences or phrases.
Related: Counter Manager Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on CVS Beauty Counter Manager Resumes
Incorporating keywords from the job description into your application is essential when applying for a Beauty Counter Manager opportunity at CVS. This is because CVS utilizes an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to filter applicants. The ATS scans resumes and job applications for keywords that match the job requirements, so including these words ensures that your application will be seen by recruiters. Additionally, using relevant keywords in your cover letter and resume allows you to demonstrate that you are a qualified candidate for the role.
When applying for a beauty counter manager position at CVS, you may encounter common skills and key terms such as customer service, salesmanship, product knowledge, merchandising, and inventory management.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Time management||Product knowledge|
|Retail operations||Inventory control|
|Beauty industry trends||Visual merchandising|
|Makeup application||Skincare advice|
|Training and coaching||Problem-solving|
|Cash handling||Point of Sale (POS) systems|
|Staff scheduling||Social media marketing|
|Event planning||Marketing strategies|
Related: Counter Manager Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for CVS Beauty Counter Manager Resumes
Finding the right action verbs to use on a resume can be a challenging task. It is important to use varied, powerful verbs in order to create an effective CVS Beauty Counter Manager resume. Using the same words over and over again can make your resume monotonous and dull. To stand out, you should use words like “coordinated,” “trained,” “collaborated,” “managed,” “directed,” and “promoted” to describe your accomplishments as a beauty counter manager at CVS. Additionally, it is important to select verbs that accurately reflect the duties you performed in the position. This will ensure that your resume is both interesting and accurate.
To give you the competitive advantage, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs that can strengthen your resume and help you land your next interview:
Related: What does a Counter Manager do?