CVS Beauty Advisor Resume Examples
This article provides examples of resumes for CVS Beauty Advisors, highlighting important qualifications and job requirements from the perspective of hiring managers.
Published 8 min read
This article provides comprehensive guidance on how to craft a resume for a Beauty Advisor position at CVS. It outlines key skills and qualifications to highlight, as well as tips on how to make your application stand out from the competition. It also offers advice on tailoring the resume for maximum impact and ensuring that you demonstrate your knowledge of CVS's products and services.
CVS Beauty Advisor Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
CVS Beauty Advisor Resume Example
Lovie Crumity, Beauty Advisor
Salt Lake City, UT
I am an experienced Beauty Advisor with over 1 year of professional experience across retail, sales and customer service roles. I have a strong knowledge of beauty and skincare products, and am confident in recommending the right products to customers. I have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, which I use to provide exceptional customer service and encourage repeat business. I am highly driven and motivated, and thrive in fast-paced environments. I am an organized and detail-oriented person and am adept at keeping track of sales and stock levels. I am passionate about helping customers find the right beauty products for their needs and providing an enjoyable shopping experience.
Senior Beauty Advisor at Mary Kay, UT
Jan 2023 - Present
- Achieved highest sales volume in the region for 5 consecutive quarters, totaling $350,000 in sales.
- Trained and mentored 15 new beauty advisors, resulting in a 10% increase in sales across the region.
- Developed a customer loyalty program that increased customer retention by 15%.
- Hosted 5 successful beauty events, which brought in an additional $50,000 in revenue.
Beauty Advisor at Avon, UT
Aug 2022 - Nov 2022
- Achieved a 15% increase in sales from the previous quarter (Q1 2020) at Avon, UT.
- Developed a successful in-store promotion to increase customer engagement: 10% off for any purchase over $50. This resulted in a 5% increase in total sales year-over-year.
- Established a new customer loyalty program which increased customer retention by 8%.
- Trained and mentored two new Beauty Advisors, resulting in a 10% increase in sales within their first three months.
Diploma in Beauty Therapy at Utah College of Applied Technology, Salt Lake City, UT
Sep 2018 - May 2022
Relevant Coursework: Facials, Make-up, Manicures/Pedicures, Massage, Hair Removal, Anatomy and Physiology, Health and Safety, Salon Management.
- Customer Service
- Product Knowledge
- Makeup Application
- Skin Care Advice
- Sales & Upselling
- Retail Merchandising
- Time Management
- Certified Beauty Advisor (CBA)
- Professional Makeup Artist Certificate
Tips for Writing a Better CVS Beauty Advisor Resume
1. Tailor your resume to the job you’re applying for: Make sure that you tailor your resume to fit the job that you are applying for. Make sure that your skills and experiences match what the employer is looking for.
2. Include relevant certifications: If you have any certifications related to beauty, such as cosmetology, make sure to include them in your resume. This will show employers that you have the necessary training and qualifications to be a successful CVS Beauty Advisor.
3. Highlight customer service experience: As a beauty advisor, excellent customer service skills are essential. Make sure to highlight any customer service experience on your resume and emphasize how it has prepared you for this role.
4. Showcase organizational skills: Employers want a Beauty Advisor who can manage their time efficiently and stay organized when stocking shelves or helping customers with their purchases. Make sure to showcase any organizational skills or experiences that demonstrate your ability to do these tasks effectively on your resume.
5. Use action verbs: Action verbs are great for making resumes more engaging and highlighting accomplishments from previous roles. Some good action verbs to use when writing a CVS Beauty Advisor Resume include managed, provided, trained, advised, assisted and sold.
Related: Beauty Advisor Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on CVS Beauty Advisor Resumes
When applying for a Beauty Advisor opportunity at CVS, it is important to incorporate keywords from the job description into your application. This is because Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) are commonly used by employers to filter and rank candidates, and these systems use keywords to match applicants with job openings. By including the same language as the job posting in your cover letter and resume, you increase your chances of passing through the ATS and getting noticed by recruiters.
When applying for beauty advisor positions at CVS, you may encounter the following common skills and key terms:
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Makeup application||Skincare knowledge|
|Customer service||Sales experience|
|Product knowledge||Cosmetology license|
|Time management||Communication skills|
|Listening skills||Interpersonal skills|
|Problem-solving skills||Attention to detail|
|Organizational skills||Passion for beauty products|
|Knowledge of trends||Professionalism|
Related: Beauty Advisor Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for CVS Beauty Advisor Resumes
Finding the right action verbs for a resume can be difficult, especially when it comes to a CVS Beauty Advisor Resume. It is important to use varied and descriptive action verbs that demonstrate the skills you have acquired in this field. Examples of action verbs that could be used on a CVS Beauty Advisor Resume include: advised, demonstrated, educated, marketed, merchandised, recommended, sold, and trained. Using these kinds of words will help highlight your experience and make your resume stand out from other applicants.
To give you an advantage over other job applicants, we've put together a list of powerful action verbs that will help you make your resume stand out and secure your next interview:
Related: What does a Beauty Advisor do?