Amazon Data Warehouse Engineer Resume Examples
This article provides example resumes for Amazon Data Warehouse Engineers, highlighting the skills and experience needed to be successful in this role.
Updated 8 min read
This article will provide an overview of what is necessary to create a resume for an Amazon Data Warehouse Engineer position. It will discuss the key skills and experience required, the most important things to include on your resume, and tips for crafting an effective resume that stands out from the crowd. Additionally, it will provide guidance on how to highlight your accomplishments in a way that is relevant to Amazon's hiring process.
Amazon Data Warehouse Engineer Resume Created Using Our Resume Builder
Amazon Data Warehouse Engineer Resume Example
Janneth Bartish, Data Warehouse Engineer
A seasoned data warehouse engineer with over 3 years of experience in developing and supporting data warehouses. Skilled in ETL processes, data analysis, and data warehousing technologies. Adept at troubleshooting data warehouse performance issues and optimizing data warehouse architecture for improved efficiency. Experienced in working with SQL, Oracle, and other database technologies. Proven ability to build and maintain data warehouses in line with business requirements. Collaborative team player with strong communication and problem-solving skills.
Senior Data Warehouse Engineer at Bangor Savings Bank, ME
Oct 2022 - Present
- Developed a comprehensive data warehouse to facilitate reporting and analytics for Bangor Savings Bank, ME. This included migrating over 25 terabytes of legacy systems into the new system with no disruption in service or customer satisfaction levels (99% uptime).
- Automated key ETL processes resulting in an 80% reduction of manual workloads and improved accuracy by 95%.
- Implemented real-time dashboard monitoring tools that allowed senior management team at Bangor Savings Bank to make better decisions based on up-to date performance metrics.
Data Warehouse Engineer at Tilson Technology Management, ME
Sep 2020 - Aug 2022
- Developed and implemented a data warehouse architecture for Tilson Technology Management, ME that reduced the time needed to run complex queries from 8 hours to 30 minutes. This resulted in improved efficiency across all departments as they no longer had wait extended periods of time before receiving their query results.
- Created an ETL process utilizing SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages which enabled our team at Tillon Technology Management, ME to more efficiently extract large volumes of structured and unstructured data into the new Data Warehouse structure with accuracy rates exceeding 90%.
- Designed and developed several OLAP cubes using Microsoft Analysis Services allowing us at Tillsons’s technology management department easy access on demand information including sales trends by region/product line/customer type etc., thus improving decision making throughout organization .
Bachelor of Science in Data Warehouse Engineering at University of Maine, Orono, ME
Sep 2016 - May 2020
Relevant Coursework: Database Design, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence, Data Mining, Data Modeling, and Advanced Data Warehousing.
- Database Design
- Data Modeling
- Business Intelligence
- Data Warehousing
- Cloud Computing
- Certified Data Warehouse Manager (CDWM)
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP)
Tips for Writing a Better Amazon Data Warehouse Engineer Resume
1. Highlight Your Technical Skills: Make sure to showcase your technical abilities in your resume, such as programming languages, database technologies, and data warehouse engineering skills.
2. Showcase Your Experience: Be sure to highlight any experience you have with Amazon’s data warehouse services, such as Redshift or S3.
3. Quantify Your Achievements: Don’t forget to include concrete results that demonstrate the impact of your work on the organization’s bottom line. This could be in terms of time saved or cost savings achieved through your work.
4. Use Keywords: Pay attention to the language used in job descriptions and make sure to use relevant keywords throughout your resume for maximum visibility by recruiters and hiring managers.
5. Tailor Your Resume: Make sure to customize your resume for each application you submit so that it speaks directly to the requirements listed in the job description.
Related: Data Engineer Resume Examples
Key Skills Hiring Managers Look for on Amazon Data Warehouse Engineer Resumes
Using keywords from the job description when applying for a Data Warehouse Engineer opportunity at Amazon is an important step to take. This is because Amazon uses Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to help them review and sort through job applications. ATS use algorithms that scan resumes and cover letters for certain keywords, so including relevant ones in your application will help you stand out and rank higher in the system. By incorporating these keywords, you can make sure that your application will not only get seen by recruiters but also be accurately matched to the position.
When applying for a Data Warehouse Engineer position at Amazon, you should be familiar with the following common skills and key terms.
|Key Skills and Proficiencies|
|Database Design||Data Analysis|
|Snowflake Schema||Kimball Methodology|
|Cloud Computing||Data Visualization|
|Reporting Tools||Unix/Linux Scripting|
|Python/R Programming||Microsoft Azure|
Related: Data Engineer Skills: Definition and Examples
Common Action Verbs for Amazon Data Warehouse Engineer Resumes
Finding the right set of action verbs to use on a resume can be difficult, especially when looking to create an Amazon Data Warehouse Engineer Resume. When creating a resume for this type of job, it is important to use varied and specific action verbs in order to showcase your skills and accomplishments. Examples of such action verbs could include: developed, implemented, configured, designed, maintained, optimized, administered and monitored. Using these words will help you stand out from other applicants and demonstrate the breadth of your knowledge in data warehouse engineering.
To give you an advantage in the job search process, we've compiled a list of powerful action verbs that you can use to strengthen your resume and boost your chances of landing an interview:
Related: What does a Data Engineer do?