Writing a great winemaker resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own winemaker resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the winemaker job you're after.
email@example.com | (333) 827-6810 | Cedar Rapids, IA
I am a passionate winemaker with over 8 years of experience in the winemaking industry. I have a comprehensive understanding of the entire winemaking process, from grape growing and harvesting to fermentation and aging. I have a keen eye for flavor and aroma, and I am experienced in blending and bottling. I am capable of creating wines that are both pleasing to the palate and commercially successful. I have a strong understanding of the chemistry and biology behind winemaking, as well as the business aspects of the industry. I have a successful track record of creating award-winning wines, and I have the skills and expertise to ensure high-quality production.
Winemaker at Danish Immigrant Museum, IAJun 2022 - Present
- Increased production by 30% through process improvements.
- Reduced costs by 20% through efficient use of resources.
- Created new wine varietals that increased sales by 15%.
- Developed a successful marketing campaign that boosted brand awareness by 25%.
- Expanded the distribution network to reach new markets and increase sales by 10%.
- Won numerous awards for the quality of our wines.
Assistant Winemaker at Iowa Wine Trail, IASep 2019 - May 2022
- Successfully managed and executed all phases of wine production for 500,000 gallons annually.
- Coordinated the efforts of 30 cellar workers during harvest season.
- Developed new methods for grape processing and fermentation that increased quality control and efficiency.
- Created a system to track barrel aging process which resulted in 50% less bottles being wasted due to spoilage.
- Decreased chemical usage by 20% throughout the winemaking process while still maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
- Worked with vineyard managers to develop a sustainable pest management program that reduced pesticide use by 35%.
Winemaking Intern at Iowa Winegrowers Association, IAJul 2015 - Aug 2019
- Successfully managed and operated all phases of wine production, from grape crushing to bottling.
- Oversaw the daily operations of a small winery with a team of 5 cellar workers.
- Increased efficiency in the winemaking process by 30% through process improvements.
- Designed and implemented a new quality control program that reduced customer complaints by 50%.
- Achieved 95% positive customer feedback rating on quarterly surveys.
- Won “Best White Wine” at the annual California State Fair for our 2016 Chardonnay.
Bachelor of Science in Winemaking at Iowa State University, Ames, IAAug 2011 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are vineyard management, wine grape growing, wine production, and wine tasting.
- Grape Varieties
- Winemaking Processes
- Cellaring and Serving
firstname.lastname@example.org | (384) 701-4471 | Brooklyn, NY
I am an experienced Winemaker with over 8 years of experience in the winemaking industry. I have developed a deep understanding of the winemaking process, from vineyard to bottle. I specialize in developing and managing new winemaking techniques and processes, as well as coordinating with other professionals in the field. I have a strong focus on sustainability, quality control, and cost management. I have a passion for creating unique wines that reflect the terroir in which they are produced. Additionally, I have valuable experience in wine tasting, sales and marketing, and product development. I am a highly motivated, creative team player with a strong work ethic and an eye for detail.
Winemaker at Dr. Konstantin Frank, NYMar 2022 - Present
- Successfully cultivated and produced award-winning wines for over 10 years.
- Grew business by 30% last year through creative marketing initiatives.
- Exported wine to 20 countries last year, increasing international sales by 15%.
- Successfully managed a team of 12 people during peak production season.
- Decreased costs by 5% last year through innovative process improvements.
Assistant Winemaker at Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars, NYAug 2020 - Jan 2022
- Developed and implemented new sanitation procedures that reduced bacteria levels by 75%.
- Trained 3 new assistant winemakers in proper fermentation techniques.
- Monitored and adjusted over 50 fermentations during peak season.
- Created a custom yeast blend that improved flavor profile of final product.
- Reduced chemical usage by 30% while still maintaining high quality standards.
Winemaking Intern at Heron Hill Winery, NYAug 2015 - Jul 2020
- Handled all aspects of wine production, from grape crushing and pressing to barrel aging and bottling.
- Monitored fermentation process for 30 different batches of wine.
- Kept detailed records of daily tasks and observations.
- Trained new interns on proper winemaking techniques.
- Assisted in organizing and hosting several large-scale events at the vineyard.
Bachelor of Science in Winemaking at Cornell University, NYSep 2011 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are vineyard management, wine production, wine tasting, and wine chemistry.
- Grape Varieties
- Wine Making Processes
- Vineyard Management
- Winery Operations
- Sales and Marketing
- Regulatory Compliance
- Business Administration