Writing a great web editor resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own web editor resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the web editor job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (783) 342-4101 |
As a web editor for over 5 years, I have gained extensive experience in all aspects of website creation and management. This has included everything from content writing and editing to website design and coding. My skills in these areas have been honed through my work on both small personal websites and large corporate ones. In addition to this, I also have a good working knowledge of SEO practices which helps me ensure that the websites I manage are always visible to potential visitors.
Web Editor at Squarespace, IAJun 2022 - Present
- Wrote and edited website content including articles, blog posts, product descriptions, and user manuals.
- Proofread web pages for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
- Updated existing web content to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Monitored website traffic statistics and prepared reports for management.
- Researched new topics to write about that would be of interest to the target audience.
Assistant Web Editor at Weebly, IAJul 2017 - Apr 2022
- Wrote and edited web content for 5+ clients, increasing traffic to their websites by 20% on average.
- Researched and implemented SEO best practices for website articles, resulting in a 50% increase in organic search traffic.
- Managed social media accounts for 3 clients, growing followers by 10% per month on average.
- Created email marketing campaigns that increased click-through rates by 30% compared to industry averages.
- Designed and developed 2 WordPress websites from scratch.
Associate of Arts in English at Drake University, IAAug 2013 - May 2017
I've learned how to read and analyze different types of literature, as well as how to write different types of essays.
email@example.com | (330) 310-7459 | Manchester, NH
As a web editor for over 5 years, I have experience in managing website content, editing and publishing articles, as well as maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. I am also experienced in using HTML and CSS to create or edit webpages. In addition, I have excellent communication skills that allow me to work effectively with clients and colleagues.
Web Editor at Wix, NHMar 2022 - Present
- Wrote and edited web content for 5+ years.
- Wrote articles that received 100,000+ views.
- Increased website traffic by 20% through SEO optimization.
- Helped design and launch a successful website redesign.
- Managed a team of 3 writers.
Assistant Web Editor at Weebly, NHAug 2017 - Mar 2022
- Wrote and published 30 blog posts per month, on average.
- Monitored website traffic using Google Analytics; increased pageviews by 20% over 6-month period.
- Edited and formatted web content using HTML and CSS.
- Led team of 4 writers in producing monthly newsletter with open rate of 35%.
- Trained 2 new employees in company's content management system.
Associate of Arts in English at Franklin Pierce UniversityAug 2012 - May 2017
I have learned how to read and analyze texts, write essays, and improve my grammar and vocabulary.