email@example.com | (937) 439-4508 | 3105 W Clay St,
Vice President of Software Engineering at FedEx, MOApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 50 software engineers to develop and release 5 new features for the company’s flagship product, resulting in a 10% increase in sales.
- Successfully negotiated with 3rd party vendors to purchase licenses for new software development tools, saving the company $100,000 per year.
- Created and implemented a training program for junior software developers that increased their productivity by 30%.
- Led the development of a new customer-facing web application that resulted in a 25% increase in website traffic.
Vice President of Engineering at DHL, MOSep 2020 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of engineers in developing a new product that increased company profits by 20%.
- Successfully completed development of 3 products on time and within budget.
- Trained 10 junior engineers, resulting in a 30% increase in productivity.
- Reduced engineering department expenses by 15%.
- Negotiated with suppliers to obtain discounts that saved the company $100,000 annually.
Vice President of Technology at UPS, MOSep 2015 - Aug 2020
- Led the development of a new software platform that increased productivity by 25% and reduced costs by $1 million.
- Implemented a new data storage system that improved performance by 50% and decreased downtime by 75%.
- Developed a cloud-based application that tripled the company’s customer base in 6 months.
- Led the team that developed an award-winning mobile app used by millions of people worldwide. +/- (I'm not sure if this is something they would want as it's more focused on users, but I figured I'd include it) -KJH.
- Created and oversaw budget for entire IT department which saved $4 million last year.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at Missouri University of Science and TechnologySep 2011 - May 2015
I've learned how to develop algorithms, how to code in different programming languages, how to use different software development tools, and how to think like a computer scientist.
- Business Strategy
- Business Planning
- Financial Analysis
- Organizational Development
- Change Management
- Human Resources Management
firstname.lastname@example.org | (956) 441-0349 | 1201 Main Street, Richmond, VA 23219
Vice President of Software Engineering at Dominion Energy, VAJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of engineers in developing software that increased productivity by 15%.
- Implemented new software development processes that reduced cycle time by 20%.
- Negotiated with vendors to purchase licenses for $1M, saving the company 25% over previous year.
- Hired and trained 5 new managers, who went on to lead successful teams.
- Grew department from 30 to 60 employees while maintaining low turnover (<5%).
Vice President of Engineering at Norfolk Southern Corporation, VAAug 2019 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of engineers in designing and developing a new product that increased sales by 25%.
- Managed the engineering budget, saving the company $1 million over 3 years.
- Hired and trained 5 new engineers, increasing department productivity by 20%.
- Implemented a new design process that reduced development time for new products by 30%.
- Led the engineering team in resolving 2 critical safety issues with existing products.
Vice President of Technology at The AES Corporation, VAJul 2015 - Jul 2019
- Led a team of 50+ in the development and launch of 5 successful products, resulting in increased company revenue by 25%.
- Spearheaded the implementation of new technology platforms that improved efficiency and productivity by 15%.
- Successfully negotiated contracts with vendors that saved the company $1M annually.
- Managed budgets totaling $10M+, ensuring efficient use of resources and fiscal responsibility.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at Virginia Tech, VAAug 2011 - May 2015
I've learned how to code in various programming languages, how to use different software development tools, how to develop algorithms, and how to think like a computer scientist.
- Strategic Planning
- Time Management