Writing a great trial attorney resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own trial attorney resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the trial attorney job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (797) 029-6693 | Toledo, OH
I am a Trial Attorney with over 3 years of experience. I have tried cases in both state and federal court, as well as in arbitration. I have also handled appeals in both the state and federal systems. My practice has primarily been focused on civil litigation, but I have also had some experience with criminal defense work. In addition to my courtroom experience, I have significant motion practice and research experience.
Senior Trial Attorney at Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP, OHMay 2022 - Present
- Won 85% of cases tried.
- Negotiated settlements in 75% of cases.
- Recovered over $20 million for clients.
- Tried 50 jury trials to verdict.
- Won acquittals in 25% of all criminal trials.
Trial Attorney at BakerHostetler, OHJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Negotiated a $1.5 million settlement in a medical malpractice case.
- Successfully tried 15 jury trials.
- Won 99% of my cases.
- Was named "Trial Lawyer of the Year" by the American Bar Association.
- Received an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which is their highest rating for attorneys.
Juris Doctor at The Ohio State University Moritz College of LawSep 2015 - May 2019
I have learned to read and analyze cases, to research the law, to write clearly and persuasively, and to think critically and logically.
- Courtroom skills
- Persuasive speaking
- Legal research
- Writing legal briefs
- Client interviewing and counseling
- Deposition taking
- Trial advocacy
email@example.com | (341) 577-1152 | 2350 W Main St, Norman, OK 73069, USA
I am a highly experienced trial attorney with over three years of courtroom experience. I have successfully tried cases involving murder, assault, burglary, and other serious crimes. I have a proven track record of success in the courtroom and an excellent reputation with prosecutors and judges. I am passionate about justice and will fight hard to protect the rights of my clients.
Senior Trial Attorney at The Cochran Firm, OKMar 2022 - Present
- Defended a major corporation in a two-week jury trial involving allegations of false advertising and breach of contract. The case was dismissed with prejudice following opening statements.
- Defeated class certification in a putative nationwide consumer fraud class action alleging false advertising claims against a leading cosmetics company.
- Won summary judgment on behalf of an insurance broker accused of professional negligence and breach of fiduciary duty arising out the sale of life insurance policies to investors.
- Represented a real estate developer in an arbitration proceeding brought by former business partner claiming 50% ownership interest in multiple LLCs developing condominiums in New York City. After five days of hearings, the arbitrator issued a complete victory for my client, finding that he was the sole owner and operator of the companies at issue and dismissing all claims against him with prejudice.
- Successfully represented numerous clients in mediations before some o.
Trial Attorney at , OKSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Won 85% of my cases.
- Negotiated favorable settlements in 25% of cases tried.
- Took on an average of 3 new clients per month.
- Wrote and filed an average of 2 briefs per week.
- Won $500,000 for client in personal injury case.
Juris Doctor at Oklahoma City University School of Law, Oklahoma City, OKSep 2014 - May 2019
I have learned to analyze and research legal issues, to write persuasively, and to think critically.
- Courtroom experience
- Persuasive writing
- Public speaking
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills