Writing a great travel counselor resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own travel counselor resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the travel counselor job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (918) 100-5813 | Portland, ME
I am a Travel Counselor with over 5 years of experience in the industry. I have extensive knowledge of the travel and tourism industry, as well as strong organizational skills. I am passionate about helping others plan their dream vacations, and I pride myself on being able to provide excellent customer service. In addition to my counseling skills, I also have experience handling reservations, ticketing, and other administrative duties related to travel planning.
Travel Counselor at AAA Northern New England, MEApr 2022 - Present
- Arranged travel for 100 clients per month on average.
- Negotiated hotel rates and room blocks for groups of 10-500 people.
- Planned and executed annual company retreats for 150 employees.
- Created custom itineraries based on client interests, budget, and time constraints.
- Researched new destinations to keep abreast of latest trends.
Travel Counselor Trainee at Travel Leaders / Destinations Unlimited, MEAug 2017 - Mar 2022
- Trained in all aspects of travel counseling, including booking airfare, hotels, and rental cars.
- Counseled an average of 20 clients per day on their travel plans.
- Made recommendations to clients based on their individual needs and preferences.
- Successfully booked airfare, hotel accommodations, and rental cars for 100% of clients.
- Maintained a 95% satisfaction rating from clients.
High School Diploma at Brunswick High School, Brunswick, MEAug 2012 - May 2017
I've learned to be organized, to manage my time wisely, and to study effectively.
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy, including experience with booking software/databases
- Familiarity with global destinations
- Foreign language proficiency
email@example.com | (475) 210-6302 | Hartford, CT
I have over 5 years of experience as a Travel Counselor. I am passionate about helping people plan their dream vacations and making sure they have the best possible experience. I pride myself on being able to find the best deals and getting my clients the most for their money.
Travel Counselor at AAA Travel, CTApr 2022 - Present
- Counseled an average of 10 clients per day on travel options.
- Negotiated with vendors to secure the best rates for airfare, lodging, and car rentals.
- Planned and organized detailed itineraries for both domestic and international travel.
- Arranged all aspects of business travel, including flights, hotels, rental cars, and ground transportation.
- Provided concierge-level service by handling special requests such as restaurant reservations and tickets to events.
Travel Counselor Trainee at The Travel Authority, CTJul 2017 - Mar 2022
- Answered an average of 60 calls per day.
- Assisted clients with booking airfare, hotels, and rental cars.
- Made travel arrangements for business and leisure travelers.
- Provided excellent customer service by providing options and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Maintained knowledge of current promotions and discounts.
High School Diploma at Hartford Public High School, Hartford, CTAug 2013 - May 2017
I've learned how to study for and take tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Planning and time management
- Problem-solving ability
- Researching abilities
- Stress management