Writing a great travel consultant resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own travel consultant resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the travel consultant job you're after.
email@example.com | (357) 548-3701 |
I am a Travel Consultant with over 1 year of experience in the industry. I have worked with clients from all over the world and have been able to successfully plan and execute their travel plans. I am passionate about my work and thrive on creating unique experiences for my clients. I believe that every trip should be an adventure, whether it is for business or pleasure, and I strive to make each one memorable.
Travel Consultant at AAA, CAApr 2022 - Present
- Arranged travel for 500+ corporate clients annually.
- Negotiated discounts and added value amenities with vendors such as hotels, airlines, and rental car companies.
- Planned itineraries including flights, ground transportation, and accommodation based on client needs and preferences.
- Created detailed proposals for potential customers outlining the benefits of using our travel services.
- Acted as a liaison between customer and airline/hotel to resolve any issues that arose during their travels.
- Generated new business through networking at industry events.
Travel Consultant Trainee at Travelocity, CAAug 2021 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated with vendors to secure best rates for travel packages.
- Created and implemented new organizational system for tracking client requests.
- Wrote detailed proposals for potential clients outlining the benefits of using our company’s services.
- Generated $100,000 in sales through upselling techniques.
- Trained 2 new employees on booking software and customer service protocol.
- Consistently received positive feedback from customers regarding excellent service.
High School Diploma at Los Angeles High School, Los Angeles, CAAug 2016 - May 2021
I've learned how to study for and take tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.
- Customer service
- Computer skills
- Sales skills
firstname.lastname@example.org | (304) 491-6041 | Saint Paul, MN
As a travel consultant with over 1 year of experience, I have provided excellent customer service and support to clients in planning their dream vacations. I have superb organizational skills and attention to detail, which has enabled me to make all the necessary arrangements for my clients' travel needs. From booking flights and hotels to providing information on destinations, I am able to handle everything efficiently so that my clients can relax and enjoy their trip stress-free. With my vast knowledge of different cultures and customs, I am also able to provide valuable insights that help them get the most out of their experience.
Travel Consultant at Carlson Wagonlit Travel, MNApr 2022 - Present
- Arranged travel for 500 corporate clients annually.
- Negotiated airfare discounts averaging 10-15% below published fares.
- Secured hotel room blocks at preferred rates for 75% of events planned.
- Planned and executed successful destination weddings in Mexico, the Caribbean and Europe with an average budget of $50,000.
- Surpassed annual sales goals by 15%, generating $2.5 million in revenue.
Travel Consultant Trainee at Travel Leaders, MNJul 2021 - Mar 2022
- Successfully completed training program and became a certified travel consultant.
- Booked an average of 10 flights per day.
- Helped customers save an average of $200 on their travel expenses.
- Scheduled an average of 3 trips per week.
- Worked with clients from all over the world.
High School Diploma at Roseville Area High School, Roseville, MNSep 2017 - May 2021
I have learned how to study for and take tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.
- Travel planning
- Itinerary creation
- Booking travel arrangements
- Familiarity with a GDS system
- Destination knowledge
- Customer service