Transportation Security Officer
Writing a great transportation security officer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own transportation security officer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the transportation security officer job you're after.
email@example.com | (746) 487-4839 | Passaic, NJ
I have over three years of experience as a Transportation Security Officer. In this role, I was responsible for screening passengers and baggage for prohibited items, conducting bag checks, and responding to security incidents. I also assisted in the development and implementation of new security procedures. My excellent communication skills allowed me to effectively interact with passengers while maintaining a high level of professionalism. My experience has given me a strong foundation in airport security operations which I can use in my next role.
Transportation Security Officer at New Jersey Transit Police Department, NJApr 2022 - Present
- Screened 3,000 passengers per day on average with no more than a 2% false alarm rate.
- Trained 50 new Transportation Security Officers in screening procedures.
- Implemented new passenger screening procedure that reduced wait times by 30%.
- Led team of 10 officers in detecting and apprehending a terrorist suspect.
- Recognized by superiors for "calm demeanor during chaotic situations".
Transportation Security Officer II at Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police Department, NJAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Successfully completed 99.3% of all security checks with no errors.
- Caught 3 smugglers attempting to bring illegal drugs onto an airplane.
- Helped to diffuse a potential fight between 2 passengers.
- Successfully completed 100% of emergency training simulations.
- Was commended by the head of security for being one of the top performing officers on staff.
High School Diploma at Bergen Catholic High SchoolSep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to effectively communicate with others, how to manage my time wisely, and how to think critically.
- X-ray vision
- Metal detectors
- Baggage inspection
- Crowd control
- Interacting with the public
firstname.lastname@example.org | (430) 186-6866 | Champaign, IL
Over three years of experience as a Transportation Security Officer, I have developed strong skills in providing security and safety for air travelers. My duties have included screening passengers and baggage, operating metal detectors and x-ray machines, and responding to any potential threats. Through my work, I have gained a deep understanding of TSA policies and procedures. In addition, I am adept at handling difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
Transportation Security Officer at Amtrak, ILMay 2022 - Present
- Successfully completed 2000 hours of on-the-job training.
- Screened an average of 400 passengers per day for potential threats.
- Detected and confiscated a total of 30 prohibited items from carry-on luggage.
- Worked with fellow officers to resolve 10 passenger conflicts.
- Responded to 2 medical emergencies aboard aircrafts during flights.
- Successfully completed TSA security certification program.
Transportation Security Officer II at Metra, ILJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Successfully completed 1,200 hours of on-the-job training.
- Screened an average of 400 passengers per day with a 98% accuracy rate.
- Detected and confiscated over 100 prohibited items each month.
- Worked collaboratively with other security officers to maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Responded quickly and effectively to any incidents or emergencies that arose.
High School Diploma at Highland Park High School, ILAug 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to study for tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.
- X-ray machines
- Metal detectors
- Body scanners
- Baggage inspection
- Patrolling airport grounds
- Screening passengers and their belongings
- Providing customer service