Writing a great toolmaker resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own toolmaker resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the toolmaker job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (559) 107-5780 | Portland, ME
I am a toolmaker with over 4 years of experience. I have worked in various industries and have gained a wealth of knowledge in the field. I am knowledgeable in both CNC machining and manual machining, as well as CAD/CAM software. I am able to work independently or as part of a team, and can adapt to new environments quickly. I pride myself on being an excellent problem solver and resourceful thinker.
Lead Toolmaker at Kennebec Tool and Machine, MEMay 2022 - Present
- Reduced company costs by 10% through the implementation of more efficient tooling methods.
- Developed and implemented a new system for tracking inventory which reduced waste by 15%.
- Led a team of 5 employees in the development of new tooling designs which increased productivity by 20%.
- Trained 2 apprentices in the trade, both of whom went on to become journeyman level Toolmakers.
- Created a preventative maintenance program for all machines in the shop which decreased downtime by 25%.
- Wrote and presented a paper at an international conference on advances in toolmaking techniques.
Senior Toolmaker at Pine State Machining, MEJul 2018 - Apr 2022
- Reduced tooling costs by 20% through process improvements.
- Developed and implemented new training program for junior staff which decreased onboarding time by 50%.
- Implemented lean manufacturing techniques which increased production output by 30% while reducing waste by 40%.
- Led a team of 12 in the development of a new product line which was successfully launched within 6 months.
- Created custom fixtures and jigs to improve efficiency and quality on the shop floor, resulting in a 10% decrease in defects.
- Trained other departments on proper use of tools and equipment, preventing $100,000 worth of damage annually.
High School Diploma at Portland High School, Portland, MESep 2014 - May 2018
I've learned how to read, write, and do math.
email@example.com | (489) 976-2038 | Bismarck, ND
I am a toolmaker with over 4 years of experience. I have worked in various industries and have gained a wealth of knowledge in the field. I am capable of operating all types of toolmaking equipment, as well as performing repairs and maintenance on them. I possess excellent problem solving skills and can troubleshoot issues quickly. My attention to detail ensures that every job is done correctly the first time around. I take pride in my work and always strive to produce quality results.
Lead Toolmaker at North Star Tool, NDMar 2022 - Present
- Led team of 4 toolmakers in the manufacture of complex aerospace components.
- Achieved on-time delivery for 95% of projects.
- Reduced scrap rates by 30% through process improvements.
- Implemented new CNC machining techniques that increased productivity by 20%.
- Trained 2 apprentices in toolmaking skills.
- Received “Employee of the Month” recognition 3 times.
Senior Toolmaker at Midwest Tool & Machine, NDAug 2018 - Mar 2022
- Developed and implemented a new process for creating prototypes that reduced production time by 30%.
- Wrote a training manual for the toolmaking department that is still in use today.
- Successfully completed over 500 projects from start to finish.
- Trained 4 apprentices who went on to become journeyman toolmakers.
- Organized and led 3 team-building events for the department which improved morale and communication.
- Cut costs by 15% by streamlining the ordering process for supplies and equipment.
High School Diploma at Central High School, NDAug 2014 - May 2018
I've learned how to be organized, how to study for exams, and how to use different resources to help me succeed in school.