Writing a great textile designer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own textile designer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the textile designer job you're after.
email@example.com | (711) 589-4751 | Cheyenne, WY
As a textile designer for over three years, I have gained extensive experience in the industry. My designs have been featured in both local and international publications, and I have won several awards for my work. I am extremely passionate about design and constantly strive to push myself creatively. I am also an excellent communicator and thrive when working with others in a team environment.
Textile Designer at Wyoming Woolen Mills, WYMar 2022 - Present
- Developed 15 new textile designs that were well-received by clients, leading to an increase in sales of 20%.
- Successfully completed 4 design projects within tight deadlines and under budget.
- Worked with a team of 5 designers to develop 50 new fabric designs for the company’s spring/summer line.
- Created 10 original prints and patterns that were used in production, resulting in increased sales of printed fabrics by 30%.
- Managed a team of 3 junior designers, providing guidance and mentorship while overseeing the creation of 100 new textile designs.
Assistant Textile Designer at Cheyenne Clothing Company, WYAug 2019 - Jan 2022
- Led the design team in creating a new line of bedding that achieved $1 million in sales within the first month.
- Successfully created 3D prototypes for a new type of fabric that was later patented.
- Worked with clients to develop custom textile designs for their brands, resulting in repeat business and positive feedback.
- Created over 50 unique designs for home decor fabrics that were sold to major retailers nationwide.
- Managed all aspects of the design process from start to finish on assigned projects.
Associate of Arts in Fashion Design at Laramie County Community College, Laramie, WYAug 2015 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are how to use different design software, how to create a design portfolio, and how to present my designs to potential employers.
- Textile design
- Pattern making
firstname.lastname@example.org | (519) 531-0009 | 2417 Cerrillos Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87505, USA
I am a textile designer with over three years of experience working in the industry. I have a strong passion for design and an eye for detail, which has allowed me to succeed in this field. I have worked on a variety of projects, from creating original designs to overseeing production. My skills include CAD software, print and pattern development, as well as knowledge of fabric construction. I am also experienced in trend research and color palette development.
Textile Designer at Pendleton Woolen Mills, NMJun 2022 - Present
- Led the design team that created a new line of children’s clothing that increased sales by 20%.
- Developed a new process for creating patterns that reduced production time by 30%.
- Trained other designers in the use of CAD software, which resulted in a more efficient workflow.
- Negotiated with suppliers to get better prices on materials, resulting in savings of 10%.
- Managed the development of 50+ different fabric designs each season.
Assistant Textile Designer at Navajo Nation, NMSep 2019 - Apr 2022
- Designed 20+ original textile prints that were sold to major retailers.
- Negotiated and created contracts with 3 different fabric mills.
- Coordinated between 6 patternmakers and 2 stylists on a regular basis.
- Managed trim development for a team of 10 designers.
- Hand-painted 5 original designs that were later translated into production.
Associate of Arts in Fashion Design at Santa Fe Community College, NMAug 2015 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are sketching, sewing, patternmaking, and draping.
- Pattern Making
- Dyeing and Printing