Writing a great student mentor resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own student mentor resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the student mentor job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (909) 876-2230 | Albuquerque, NM
A highly experienced and successful student mentor with over 5 years experience. I have a proven track record of providing support, guidance and advice to students in order to help them achieve their academic goals. My extensive knowledge of the university system, coupled with my ability to build strong relationships with both students and staff, has allowed me to effectively support students throughout their studies. In addition to this, I am also an excellent communicator who is able to clearly explain complex concepts in a way that is easy for students to understand. As a result of my skills and experience, I am confident that I would be able make a positive contributionto any organisation
Lead Student Mentor at UNM-Valencia Campus, NMMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of student mentors in providing support to 100+ first year students.
- Monitored and evaluated the progress of mentees, provided feedback to Program Coordinator.
- Created and implemented programming designed to foster academic success and personal development for mentees.
- Acted as a resource for information about campus life and university policies/procedures.
- Encouraged positive interactions between pairs and groups, mediated conflict when necessary.
- Attended weekly staff meetings, completed required paperwork in a timely manner.
Senior Student Mentor at Central New Mexico Community College, NMAug 2017 - Jan 2022
- Led a team of 5 student mentors and successfully guided 50 mentees through their final year of high school.
- Monitored academic progress and provided support to ensure that all students remained on track to graduate.
- Assisted with college applications, financial aid forms, and scholarship essays.
- Organized weekly study groups and review sessions for students preparing for exams.
- Encouraged positive social interaction among classmates and helped resolve conflicts peacefully.
- Met one-on-one with struggling students on a regular basis to provide additional support.
High School Diploma at Highland High School, NMAug 2013 - May 2017
I have learned how to study for and take tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution
email@example.com | (220) 798-9184 | Charleston, WV
I have over 5 years of experience as a Student Mentor. I am passionate about helping students reach their potential and providing them with support and guidance. I have worked with students of all ages, from elementary school to college-aged, and helped them overcome challenges both academically and personally. I am patient, caring, and adaptable, able to adjust my approach based on the individual needs of each student. Above all else, I believe in the power of education to transform lives and build better futures.
Lead Student Mentor at West Virginia University, WVMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of student mentors who provided support to over 400 first-year students.
- Trained and supervised 30+ student mentors.
- Created and implemented programming aimed at improving first-year retention rates.
- Facilitated weekly mentor training sessions.
- Mentored 20+ first-year students throughout the year.
Senior Student Mentor at Marshall University, WVJul 2017 - Jan 2022
- Led a group of 20 students in weekly discussions on academic and personal growth.
- Acted as a resource for first-year students seeking advice on navigating university life.
- Created and implemented a mentorship program pairing senior students with first-years.
- Facilitated workshops on study skills, time management, and stress relief for 100+ students.
- Organized social events throughout the year to help build community among mentees.
High School Diploma at Parkersburg High School, Parkersburg, WVSep 2013 - May 2017
I've learned time management, organization, and study skills.
- Time Management
- Conflict Resolution