Writing a great storage architect resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own storage architect resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the storage architect job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (421) 436-9703 | Elkton, MD
I am an experienced Storage Architect with 11+ years of expertise in designing, architecting, and maintaining complex storage solutions and SAN environments. I have extensive experience in managing storage infrastructures, including EMC, NetApp, and IBM. My areas of expertise include storage virtualization, replication, and backup/recovery. I have a proven track record of successfully designing, implementing and managing storage solutions to meet the business needs of my customers. In addition, I have a deep understanding of storage protocols and technologies and the ability to develop solutions that meet the highest standards of quality and performance. I am a dedicated professional with strong problem-solving and communication skills and I am committed to delivering superior customer service.
Senior Storage Architect at EMC Corporation, MDApr 2022 - Present
- Designed and implemented a new storage area network that increased performance by 40%.
- Cut storage costs by 50% through the use of thin provisioning and data deduplication.
- Achieved 99.999% uptime for mission critical applications through the use of advanced replication technologies.
- Implemented a highly available, scalable SAN that supported over 100TB of data growth per year.
- Reduced backup windows from 24 hours to 4 hours using an innovative snapshotting solution.
Lead Storage Architect at IBM Corporation, MDSep 2018 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 5 storage architects in designing and implementing a new SAN infrastructure for the company, which improved performance by 30%.
- Implemented thin provisioning on the SAN, which reduced storage costs by 20%.
- Designed and implemented a backup solution using NetApp SnapMirror, which decreased backup times from 24 hours to 2 hours.
- Defined and documentedSAN architecture standards and best practices, which were adopted by the company.
- Led training sessionson SAN design and administration for other IT staff members.
Storage Architect at NetApp, Inc., MDAug 2012 - Jul 2018
- Implemented a new storage architecture that increased performance by 30% and reduced costs by 20%.
- Led the design and implementation of a highly available storage solution that achieved 99.999% uptime.
- Consolidated 10 disparate storage systems into a single, centralized system.
- Defined and implemented data retention policies that comply with industry regulations.
- Developed scripts to automate common storage administration tasks, reducing administrative overhead by 50%.
- Implemented thin provisioning on all SAN arrays, resulting in improved capacity utilization rates.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at University of Maryland, College ParkSep 2008 - May 2012
I have learned how to code in various programming languages, how to use different software development tools, how to develop strong problem solving skills, and how to work in a team environment.
- Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Storage Virtualization
- Tape Libraries
- Cloud Storage
- Object-Based Storage
- Hierarchical storage management
email@example.com | (207) 849-3729 | Austin, TX
I am an experienced Storage Architect with over 11 years of experience in designing and implementing storage solutions with a focus on scalability, performance, and cost optimization. I have a proven track record of successful implementations across a variety of storage technologies, including SAN, NAS, and Object Storage. Additionally, I have experience with storage virtualization, replication, backup, and disaster recovery solutions. My technical background, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities have enabled me to deliver successful storage solutions for many organizations.
Senior Storage Architect at EMC Corporation, IDMar 2022 - Present
- Designed and implemented a new storage architecture that increased performance by 30% and decreased costs by 50%.
- Led the team that migrated all data to the new storage system with zero downtime.
- Created a custom backup solution that reduced backup times from 24 hours to 2 hours.
- Implemented thin provisioning which saved 20 TB of physical space.
- Wrote scripts to automate many common tasks, reducing time spent on mundane tasks by 75%.
Lead Storage Architect at NetApp, IDJul 2017 - Jan 2022
- Successfully designed and implemented a new storage architecture for the company, which increased storage capacity by 50% while reducing costs by 30%.
- Successfully migrated all data to the new storage system with zero downtime.
- Designed and implemented a new backup and disaster recovery solution which reduced RTO from 48 hours to 4 hours.
- Successfully negotiated pricing discounts with vendors which resulted in an annual savings of $1 million.
Storage Architect at IBM, IDJul 2012 - Jun 2017
- Successfully designed and implemented a scalable storage architecture for a large organization, supporting over 1 million users.
- Designed and implemented an efficient backup and recovery solution that saved the company millions of dollars in data loss.
- Successfully migrated the company's entire storage infrastructure to a new platform with zero downtime.
- Worked with vendors to negotiate better pricing on storage hardware and software, resulting in savings of hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.
- Created detailed documentation for all aspects of thestorage infrastructure, including capacity planning, disaster recovery procedures, etc.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science at University of California, BerkeleySep 2008 - May 2012
I have learned various programming languages, software development methodologies, and software engineering tools and techniques.
- Storage Area Networks (SAN)
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Fibre Channel SANs
- ISCSI SANs
- InfiniBand storage area networks
- Object-based storage systems
- Software-defined storage