Sports and Recreation
Writing a great sports and recreation resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own sports and recreation resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the sports and recreation job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (428) 105-2712 | 1201 Elm Street,
I am a highly motivated and experienced professional in the sports and recreation industry with over 3 years of experience. I have a proven track record of success in organizing and executing successful events, programs, and activities. I am passionate about my work and take great pride in providing quality services to clients. I am also proficient in Spanish which has allowed me to effectively communicate with diverse populations.
Sports and Recreation Manager at H-E-B, TXMay 2022 - Present
- Reduced labor costs by 15% through effective scheduling and training of staff.
- Increased revenues by 10% through development and implementation of new marketing initiatives.
- Developed and implemented new customer service standards which resulted in a 5% increase in customer satisfaction ratings.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors which saved the company $20,000 over the course of one year.
- Planned and executed special events which generated $30,000 in revenue for the company.
- Managed a team of 20 employees.
Assistant Sports and Recreation Manager at Walmart, TXAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Negotiated and oversaw construction of a $1.5 million dollar recreation center.
- Hired, trained, and supervised a staff of 15 full-time and 30 part-time employees.
- Developed intramural sports leagues for children ages 6 to 18 which increased participation by 300% over the previous year.
- Wrote grants that resulted in $100,000 in funding for new equipment and programs.
- Implemented policies that improved safety at the facility resulting in 50% fewer accidents per year.
- Negotiated contracts with outside vendors that saved the department $10,000 per year.
High School Diploma in Sports and Recreation at Highland Park High School, TXAug 2015 - May 2019
How to work in a team, how to manage time, how to be organized.
- Athletic ability
email@example.com | (138) 268-6329 | 837 Washington Street, Boston, MA
I am a highly motivated and experienced sports and recreation professional with over 3 years of experience working in the industry. I have a strong passion for helping people lead active and healthy lifestyles, and I am dedicated to providing excellent customer service. I have extensive knowledge of various sports equipment, facilities, and programs, and I am confident in my ability to provide safe instruction while maintaining a fun environment.
Sports and Recreation Manager at Fenway Park, MAMar 2022 - Present
- Led team of 30 salespeople that generated $2.5 million in revenue.
- Negotiated and executed a sponsorship agreement with Coca-Cola worth $1 million.
- Developed and implemented marketing campaign that increased attendance at sporting events by 20%.
- Created new employee training program that reduced turnover by 25%.
- Planned and coordinated special events such as concerts, festivals, and charity functions.
Assistant Sports and Recreation Manager at Gillette Stadium, MAJul 2019 - Jan 2022
- Led a team of 15 recreation staff members and ensured the successful execution of all daily operations.
- Monitored budget expenditures and developed cost-saving strategies to stay within allocated budget.
- Negotiated contracts with service providers and vendors, resulting in an annual savings of $5,000.
- Implemented new customer service initiatives that resulted in a 5% increase in customer satisfaction ratings.
- Coordinated special events (e.g. sports tournaments, open houses) with up to 1,000 participants.
- Wrote grant proposals that secured over $20,000 in funding for new recreation programs.
High School Diploma in Sports and Recreation at Boston Latin School, Boston, MAAug 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are time management, communication, and teamwork.
- Physical Fitness
- Health and Wellness
- Exercise Science