firstname.lastname@example.org | (134) 939-8354 | Wichita, KS
I have over 1 year of experience as a Special Education Preschool Teacher. I am passionate about working with children and helping them reach their full potential. I have a strong knowledge of child development and special needs, and I am able to create individualized education plans that meet the unique needs of each child. I am patient, caring, and supportive, and I love seeing the progress my students make as they grow and learn.
Lead Special Education Preschool Teacher at Ivywild School, KSApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 4 special education teachers and 2 paraprofessionals in providing individualized instruction to 16 preschool students with disabilities.
- Developed and implemented Individual Education Plans (IEPs) for each student, incorporating goals from speech-language therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, etc. as necessary.
- Monitored student progress towards IEP goals using data-based decision making; made modifications to instructional methods/materials as needed based on student data.
- Collaborated with parents and other professionals (e.g., therapists) to support students’ learning at school and home.
- Presented at 3 local conferences on effective strategies for teaching young children with disabilities.
- Authored 5 articles published in peer-reviewed journals on topics related to early childhood special education.
Senior Special Education Preschool Teacher at Montessori of Wichita, KSSep 2021 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of educators in developing and implementing Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for students with special needs.
- Successfully advocated for resources and accommodations that improved student outcomes.
- Wrote grants that secured over $100,000 in funding for programmatic initiatives.
- Trained staff on evidence-based instructional practices and behavior intervention strategies.
- Monitored student progress and data to inform instruction and make necessary adjustments.
- Collaborated with families to support their child’s success at home and school.
Bachelor of Science in Special Education at Kansas State UniversityAug 2016 - May 2021
I have learned how to work with and teach children with various special needs in the most effective way possible.
- Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- The ability to build relationships with students and families
- Knowledge of child development and behavior
- Classroom management skills
email@example.com | (817) 012-2523 | Portland, ME
I am a Special Education Preschool Teacher with over 1 year of experience. I have worked with students who have various disabilities, including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down Syndrome, and cerebral palsy. My goal is to provide each child with the individualized attention they need in order to succeed. I am patient, caring, and passionate about making a difference in the lives of my students.
Lead Special Education Preschool Teacher at Little Sprouts, MEMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 4 teachers and 2 teaching assistants in providing individualized instruction to 20 students with disabilities.
- Developed and implemented daily lesson plans that met the unique needs of each student while also incorporating engaging activities.
- Monitored student progress and provided feedback to parents on a regular basis.
- Collaborated with other professionals, such as speech therapists and occupational therapists, to ensure that students were receiving all necessary services.
- Created an inclusive environment where all students felt valued and respected.
Senior Special Education Preschool Teacher at Big Steps, MEAug 2021 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 4 teachers and 2 teaching assistants in providing individualized instruction to 15 students with disabilities, ranging in age from 3-5 years old.
- Developed and implemented lesson plans in alignment with state standards for early childhood education that met the unique needs of each student.
- Monitored student progress and documented data regularly to inform instructional decisions.
- Collaborated with families and other professionals (e.g., occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists) to support students’ social-emotional, behavioral, and academic development.
- Participated in weekly professional development sessions on topics such as effective behavior management strategies and evidence-based reading interventions.
Bachelor of Science in Special Education at University of Maine, MEAug 2017 - May 2021
I have learned how to develop and implement Individualized Education Programs (IEPs), how to adapt curriculum and instruction, and how to use positive behavior supports.
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills