Writing a great sound technician resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own sound technician resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the sound technician job you're after.
email@example.com | (933) 569-5267 | Jackson, MS
I have over three years of experience as a sound technician. I am skilled in mixing, recording, and live sound reinforcement. I have a strong understanding of audio equipment and software. I am also proficient in music theory and composition. In addition to my technical skills, I am also an excellent communicator and team player.
Lead Sound Technician at Blue Wave Productions, MSMar 2022 - Present
- Successfully completed sound mixing for 50 episodes of a television show.
- Mixed the audio for 5 live concerts that were attended by over 100,000 people.
- Created custom sound effects and Foley for a video game that was downloaded 1 million times in its first month.
- Composed music for 3 commercials that aired during the Super Bowl.
- Recorded dialogue and foley for an animated feature film that grossed $200 million at the box office.
- Successfully managed and trained a team of 4 assistant sound technicians.
Sound Technician at Coastal Sound and Lighting, MSSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Successfully recorded and mixed the audio for 5 films.
- Mastered the sound for over 100 songs.
- Worked on the sound team for 3 major concerts.
- Created custom sounds effects for 2 video games.
- Designed unique audio experiences for 6 different brands.
High School Diploma at Murrah High School, MSAug 2015 - May 2019
I have learned how to study for and take tests, how to do research, and how to write papers.
- Audio engineering
- Sound mixing
- Sound recording
- Audio post-production
- Foley artistry
- Dialogue editing
firstname.lastname@example.org | (225) 990-9034 | 2120 Snelling Ave N
As a sound technician, I have over three years of experience in the industry. I have worked on a variety of projects, from small independent films to big budget studio productions. My skills include Foley recording, dialogue editing, and mix engineering. I am also proficient in Pro Tools and Ableton Live. In addition to my technical skills, I have a good ear for music and can quickly identify problems with sound quality.
Lead Sound Technician at Bose, MNMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 sound technicians in the setup and teardown of live music events.
- Ensured that all audio equipment was properly set up and calibrated before each event.
- Mixed live audio for over 100 events, including concerts, festivals, and corporate functions.
- Trained new sound technicians on proper setup and use of audio equipment.
- Maintained inventory of all audio equipment and ensured that it was well-maintained.
Sound Technician at Sony, MNSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Successfully installed and operated sound equipment for a live concert of 500 people.
- Mixed music tracks for a new album that went on to sell 100,000 copies.
- Set up and ran sound at a conference with 1,000 attendees.
- Created custom sound effects for a video game that was downloaded 50,000 times in the first week.
- Compiled and edited an audio book that topped the New York Times Bestseller list.
High School Diploma at Roseville Area High School, Roseville, MNSep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to study for exams, how to do research, and how to write essays.
- Cables and Connectors
- Digital Audio Workstations (DAW)
- Basic Acoustics