Social Studies Teacher
Writing a great social studies teacher resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own social studies teacher resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the social studies teacher job you're after.
email@example.com | (376) 273-2543 | Anchorage, AK
I am a social studies teacher with over three years of experience teaching in both urban and rural settings. I have developed a deep understanding of how to effectively teach students from diverse backgrounds and cultures. My skills include creating rigorous lesson plans, designing engaging classroom activities, and using assessment data to drive instruction. I am committed to ensuring that all my students reach their full academic potential.
Social Studies Teacher at Alaska Pacific University, AKMay 2022 - Present
- Taught a class of 30 students social studies for the school year.
- Assigned and graded homework and tests on a regular basis.
- Led classroom discussions on various topics in social studies.
- Collaborated with other teachers to plan curriculum and lesson plans.
- Advised and helped students with academic or personal problems.
Assistant Social Studies Teacher at University of Alaska, AKSep 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led a successful classroom of 30 students in grades 9-12.
- Taught four sections of United States History and one section of World History.
- Actively used data to inform instruction and improve student achievement.
- Wrote curriculum for and taught an after-school credit recovery program for 20 students.
- Designed and implemented innovative projects, such as a living history museum, that engaged all learners.
Bachelor of Arts in Social Studies at University of Alaska AnchorageSep 2015 - May 2019
I have learned to think critically, to read and write analytically, and to research effectively.
- Social Studies
firstname.lastname@example.org | (849) 119-8354 | 12005 Elm Creek Blvd, Maple Grove, MN 55369, USA
I am a social studies teacher with over 3 years of experience. I have taught in both public and private schools, and my students have ranged from 6th grade to 12th grade. I am passionate about teaching social studies because it is essential for understanding the world around us. My goal as a social studies teacher is to help my students understand the interconnectedness of the world’s societies and cultures, so that they can be informed global citizens. In addition to traditional classroom instruction, I also incorporate hands-on learning opportunities and technology into my lessons whenever possible.
Social Studies Teacher at Achievement First, MNJun 2022 - Present
- Taught social studies to 30 students in grades 9-12.
- Designed and implemented lesson plans based on state standards.
- Assessed student learning through tests and quizzes, and provided feedback to improve understanding.
- Led class discussion on controversial topics such as race, religion, gender, etc.
- Collaborated with other teachers to develop interdisciplinary units.
- Chaperoned multiple field trips related to historical sites or events.
Assistant Social Studies Teacher at Aspire Public Schools, MNSep 2019 - Apr 2022
- Successfully taught social studies to a class of 30 students.
- Created engaging and interactive lesson plans that aligned with state standards.
- Developed positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Assisted in developing the school’s curriculum for social studies.
- Served on the school’s professional development committee.
- Presented at the district-wide professional development conference.
Bachelor of Arts in Social Studies at Macalester CollegeSep 2014 - May 2019
I have learned how to read and analyze primary and secondary sources, how to write research papers, and how to think critically about societal issues.
- Social Studies