firstname.lastname@example.org | (388) 532-2322 | Baltimore, MD
Senior Scientist at National Institutes of Health, MDJun 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 scientists in the development of a new drug to treat cancer. The drug was approved by the FDA and is now on the market.
- Developed a new method for testing drugs for safety and efficacy. This method is now used by all major pharmaceutical companies.
- Published over 100 scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals.
- Presented at international conferences on cancer research, pharmacology, and toxicology.
Lead Scientist at Johns Hopkins University, MDSep 2020 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of scientists in developing a new method to increase the yield of corn by 20%.
- Successfully created and implemented a plan that reduced costs associated with research by 15%.
- Authored 12 papers that were published in well-respected scientific journals.
- Led a team of 5 scientists in conducting groundbreaking research on the effects of climate change on plant life.
- Presented findings from original research at 4 international conferences.
- Awarded grant funding from 3 different organizations to supportoriginal research projects.
Scientist II at University of Maryland, MDJul 2015 - Jul 2020
- Led a team of 5 scientists in investigating the effect of a new drug on heart cells.
- Conducted experiments that resulted in publishing 2 papers in scientific journals.
- Presented findings at 3 national conferences.
- Wrote grant proposals that led to securing $500,000 in funding for research projects.
- Trained 4 undergraduate students and 2 graduate students in laboratory techniques.
PhD in Chemistry at University of Maryland, College ParkAug 2011 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are time management, researching, and writing scientific papers.
- Data analysis
- Scientific method
- Research design
- Laboratory skills
- Data interpretation
- Statistical analysis
email@example.com | (655) 183-8716 | Minneapolis, MN
Senior Scientist at 3M, MNMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 scientists in researching and developing a new method to increase the efficiency of solar panels by 15%.
- Researched and wrote a paper on the impact of climate change on ocean ecosystems that was published in Nature.
- Developed a new method for measuring atmospheric concentrations of greenhouse gases that is now used internationally.
- Led a field study investigating the effects of oil spills on marine life which led to changes in cleanup procedures.
- Discovered 2 new species of bacteria during research into microbial diversity.
Lead Scientist at Cargill, MNSep 2020 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of scientists in developing a new cancer treatment that increased patient survival rates by 20%.
- Successfully developed and implemented a new method for measuring environmental pollutants which reduced testing costs by 30%.
- Authored over 50 peer-reviewed scientific articles, 4 book chapters, and 2 books.
- Delivered over 100 presentations at national and international conferences.
- Received 3 prestigious awards for excellence in research from leading scientific organizations.
Scientist II at Mayo Clinic, MNAug 2015 - Jul 2020
- Led a team of 4 scientists in the development of a new cancer treatment that is now being used by hospitals across the country.
- Successfully created and tested a new method for detecting environmental contaminants in water supplies.
- Authored or co-authored 12 papers published in scientific journals over the course of 2 years.
- Presented findings at 3 international conferences on behalf of my research team.
- Managed a multimillion dollar budget for my department.
PhD in Chemistry at University of MinnesotaSep 2010 - May 2015
I've learned how to be an independent researcher, how to think critically about scientific problems, and how to communicate my findings to others.
- Computer Science