Writing a great senior planner resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own senior planner resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the senior planner job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (393) 843-0886 | Charleston, SC
Over 5 years of experience as a Senior Planner. Proven ability to lead and manage planning projects from conception through completion. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think creatively to identify innovative solutions. Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills with the ability to develop relationships across all levels within an organization.
Senior Planner at Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina, SCMar 2022 - Present
- Led the development of a 5-year strategic plan that resulted in a 20% increase in sales.
- Developed and implemented marketing plans that generated $2 million in new revenue.
- Negotiated contracts with vendors that saved the company $1 million annually.
- Reduced product returns by 30% through improved quality control measures.
- Increased customer satisfaction scores by 10 points through targeted training programs.
Lead Planner at UnitedHealthcare, SCSep 2017 - Mar 2022
- Led the planning team that increased productivity by 15%.
- Reduced costs by $1 million through effective resource planning.
- Implemented a new scheduling system that saved the company $250,000 annually.
- Negotiated supplier contracts that resulted in savings of 10%.
- Developed and implemented a training program for new planners which shortened their time to competence by 50%.
- Managed successful launch of 3 new products with zero defects.
Master of Science in Urban Planning at University of South CarolinaSep 2012 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are: research methods, data analysis, report writing, policy analysis, and community engagement.
- Critical Thinking
- Research Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Planning and Scheduling Skills
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Time Management
email@example.com | (273) 439-6574 | Baton Rouge, LA
I am a senior planner with over 5 years of experience. I have worked on a variety of planning projects, including land use, transportation, and community development. I have a strong understanding of the planning process and how to effectively communicate with stakeholders. I am skilled at developing creative solutions to complex problems and working within tight deadlines.
Senior Planner at AARP, LAMay 2022 - Present
- Led the development of a 5-year strategic plan that increased revenue by 25%.
- Implemented a new pricing strategy that resulted in a 10% increase in profit margins.
- Developed and executed a marketing campaign that generated $2 million in new business.
- Negotiated and secured funding for a $10 million capital investment project.
- Managed the planning and execution of an event that attracted over 50,000 attendees.
- Chaired the city’s Planning Commission which oversaw approvals for all major development projects.
Lead Planner at , LASep 2017 - Mar 2022
- Led the planning and execution of 50+ events annually with budgets ranging from $500 to $5 million.
- Successfully managed 15 full-time direct reports and 30 part-time event staff.
- Created and executed comprehensive event plans, including timelines, vendor contracts, staffing requirements, budget management, onsite logistics, décor design/execution and post-event analysis.
- Managed all aspects of guest experience for events with up to 5,000 attendees; responsible for VIP hospitality program management & coordination with security team.
- Oversaw onsite operations at multi-day conventions & trade shows; served as primary liaison between client & venue.
- Coordinated travel arrangements for 100+ event participants.
Master of Science in Urban Planning at UCLASep 2013 - May 2017
Some skills I've learned are research, data analysis, report writing, and presentation skills.
- Presentation skills