Senior Finance Manager
Writing a great senior finance manager resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own senior finance manager resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the senior finance manager job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (562) 580-2662 | El Paso, TX
As a Senior Finance Manager with over 11 years of experience, I have been able to work in a variety of different environments, gaining a broad range of knowledge and expertise in finance and accounting. I have been able to successfully lead and manage financial projects, as well as develop and implement strategies to improve financial performance. I have also had the opportunity to mentor and train junior staff, ensuring they have the right skills and knowledge to succeed. My experiences have enabled me to develop strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent organizational and communication abilities. I am confident in my ability to analyze financial data and make the best decisions for the benefit of the company.
Senior Finance Manager at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, TXApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of finance managers and analysts in developing and implementing new financial forecasting models which improved accuracy by 15%.
- Developed and implemented new cost-saving initiatives which saved the company $2M annually.
- Negotiated more favorable payment terms with vendors, resulting in an annual savings of $1.5M.
- Led the development of a new pricing strategy which increased revenue by 10%.
- Managed the budgeting process for 3 departments, totaling $30M in annual spend.
Finance Manager at Austin Energy, TXSep 2017 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 5 finance analysts and successfully completed all deliverables for the quarter ahead of schedule.
- Implemented new cost-saving measures that resulted in a $10,000 decrease in monthly expenses.
- Conducted a review of all vendor contracts and negotiated discounts with 3 vendors, resulting in an annual savings of $24,000.
- Prepared quarterly financial statements for management review and identified areas for improvement to increase profits by 10%.
- Managed the budgeting process for the upcoming fiscal year and submitted accurate forecast projections to upper management.
- Analyzed sales data from past quarters to identify trends and created strategies to boost revenue by 15% over the next 6 months.
Associate Finance Manager at The University of Texas at Austin, TXAug 2012 - Jul 2017
- Led a team of 4 in the development of an innovative new financial analysis tool that increased accuracy by 25% and saved the company $50,000 annually.
- Developed a training program for new finance associates that was adopted company-wide, saving $100,000 in orientation costs.
- Played key role in developing long-term strategic plan that resulted in 15% annual growth over 3 years.
- Led efforts to streamline invoicing process, reducing Accounts Receivable days by 10%.
- Negotiated new credit line with bank which improved cash flow and saved the company $5,000 per month.
Master of Business Administration in Finance at The University of Texas at DallasSep 2008 - May 2012
Some skills I've learned are financial analysis, forecasting, and managing risk.
- Financial analysis
- Financial modeling
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Strategic planning
- Financial reporting
email@example.com | (491) 589-6205 | Sioux Falls, SD
I am an experienced Senior Finance Manager with 11+ years of experience in financial operations, budgeting and forecasting, accounting, risk management and financial analysis. I have extensive experience in leading financial teams and have managed multi-million dollar accounts. My expertise lies in developing and implementing complex financial strategies, streamlining business processes, and driving business results. I have a proven track record of developing innovative solutions to optimize financial performance, meet tight deadlines and exceed expectations. I am highly proficient in financial analysis, cost analysis, budgeting, financial reporting and auditing. In addition, I possess strong communication and interpersonal skills which enable me to effectively interact with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
Senior Finance Manager at Wells Fargo, SDMay 2022 - Present
- Successfully led and completed the audit for a $10B company with over 100 locations.
- Managed a team of 3 accountants and 2 analysts responsible for all aspects of accounting including month-end close, journal entries, reconciliations, variance analysis and financial reporting.
- Developed new processes and controls which improved efficiency by 30%.
- Created budgets for 5 departments totaling $50M which were utilized to manage spending and make strategic decisions.
- Analyzed data to uncover trends in revenue/expenses allowing management to make informed business decisions resulting in increased profits by 15%.
- Negotiated favorable terms with vendors saving the company 10% annually on office supplies.
Finance Manager at Citibank, SDJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led the finance team in developing and implementing a new accounting software, resulting in increased efficiency and accuracy.
- Negotiated with vendors to get better prices for office supplies, saving the company $5,000 per year.
- Reviewed expense reports monthly and worked with employees to ensure all expenses were necessary and properly documented.
- Managed payroll for 150 employees every two weeks while ensuring compliance with all state and federal regulations.
- Created budget templates for each department which helped managers easily track spending throughout the year.
- Coordinated annual audit process by preparing needed documentation and working closely with auditors.
Assistant Finance Manager at Bank of America, SDAug 2012 - Jun 2019
- Developed and implemented a new accounting system that increased efficiency by 15%.
- Trained and supervised 4 junior accountants.
- Led the audit team in preparing for the annual financial audit, which resulted in no findings.
- Reduced expenses by 10% through renegotiating supplier contracts.
- Implemented controls to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive data.
- Investigated and resolved discrepancies totaling $100,000 between invoices and purchase orders.
Master of Business Administration in Finance at University of South DakotaAug 2008 - May 2012
I have learned how to read and analyze financial statements, how to value companies using different methods, and how to make investment decisions.
- Financial analysis
- Financial modeling
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Risk management
- Corporate finance
- Investment banking
- Capital markets