Writing a great security administrator resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own security administrator resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the security administrator job you're after.
email@example.com | (105) 615-1106 | Lansing, MI
Security Administrator at Allied Universal Security Services, MIJun 2022 - Present
- Implemented a security system that prevented unauthorized access to the company's network, saving the company $100,000 in potential damages.
- Trained new employees on proper security procedures, which reduced incidents of data breaches by 50%.
- Created and enforced policies that increased password strength and encryption levels, improving overall security posture.
- Monitored activity on the network 24/7 and quickly identified and responded to any suspicious activity.
Senior Security Administrator at Securitas Security Services, MIAug 2020 - May 2022
- Led the development of a new security system that resulted in a 75% reduction in data breaches.
- Implemented a password management policy that reduced password-related incidents by 60%.
- Developed and implemented an information security awareness program that increased user compliance with company policies by 30%.
- Conducted risk assessments for new technologies and processes, which led to the successful adoption of several innovative security solutions.
- Authored or contributed to 10+ papers on cybersecurity topics, which have been published in industry-leading journals.
Lead Security Administrator at Safety and Security Solutions, MISep 2015 - Jun 2020
- Led a team of security administrators in implementing new security protocols that resulted in a decrease in data breaches by 45%.
- Implemented a new access control system that reduced unauthorized access to sensitive areas by 30%.
- Conducted regular audits of the network and systems which identified and corrected over 500 potential security vulnerabilities.
- Trained other staff members on proper safety procedures, including handling confidential information and responding to incidents.
Associate of Science in Cybersecurity at University of MichiganSep 2011 - May 2015
I have learned technical and non-technical skills related to the field of cybersecurity.
- Firewall configuration
- Security policy creation
- Intrusion detection/prevention
- Access control management
- Vulnerability assessment and remediation
- Disaster recovery planning
firstname.lastname@example.org | (812) 332-2646 | 707 8th St SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414
Security Administrator at North Star Security, MNMar 2022 - Present
- Implemented security protocols that increased the safety of the company's data by 75%.
- Monitored and identified potential threats to the network, averting 7 major cyber-attacks.
- Wrote code for a program that detected unusual activity on employee computers, preventing 2 cases of corporate espionage.
- Negotiated with 3 different vendors to find the best price for anti-virus software, saving the company $5,000 per year.
- Trained 50 new employees in basic computer security protocol.
- Created an intranet site with detailed instructions on how to report suspicious activity and what to do in case of a data breach.
Senior Security Administrator at Sentinel Security, MNJul 2020 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 4 security analysts in developing and implementing new IT security policies that increased overall system protection by 25%.
- Implemented a new intrusion detection system that blocked over 1,000 attempted attacks each month.
- Coordinated with the network administration team to install firewalls on all company servers, which reduced the number of successful cyber-attacks by 80%.
- Monitored user activity on company systems and identified 2 employees who were stealing company data. Those employees were terminated and prosecuted.
- Successfully completed Security+ certification.
- Conducted training for 200+ employees on proper password management techniques.
Lead Security Administrator at Advanced Security, MNAug 2015 - Jun 2020
- Successfully installed and configured security systems for 3 major commercial buildings, ensuring the safety of over 2000 employees.
- Successfully led a team of 4 security guards in patrolling and monitoring a construction site overnight, preventing any vandalism or theft.
- Created an efficient work schedule for the security team that saved the company over $5000 in labor costs annually.
- Conducted monthly training sessions for new hires on proper safety procedures and emergency protocols.
- Responded to 25% more alarm calls than other Lead Security Administrators in the area, resulting in quicker response times and less property damage.
- Successfully apprehended 2 shoplifters at a local grocery store, working with police to file charges and prevent future incidents.
Associate of Science in Cybersecurity at Metropolitan State University, MNAug 2010 - May 2015
I've learned how to identify and protect against cyber threats.
- Firewall configuration
- VPN setup and administration
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Security event logging and monitoring
- Access control management
- Identity management