firstname.lastname@example.org | (505) 070-6784 | 2143 Farland Avenue, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221
Residence Hall Director at Aurora University, IDApr 2022 - Present
- Hired and trained a staff of 50 student employees who provided support to 1000 residents.
- Implemented new programming initiatives that increased resident engagement by 20%.
- Successfully navigated a $1 million budget while maintaining high-quality services for residents.
- Led a team of professional staff in responding to crisis situations, averaging one per month.
- Chaired the residence hall conduct board, overseeing 10-15 cases per year.
Assistant Residence Hall Director at North Central College, IDJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led team of 8 Resident Assistants who oversaw daily operations and programming for 400 first-year students.
- Created and implemented programs aimed at improving student retention rates, resulting in a 5% increase in returning students.
- Worked with campus security to develop new safety protocols that reduced incidences of crime by 10%.
- Negotiated contracts with outside vendors that saved the university $15,000 per year on average.
- Served as liaison between residence hall staff and faculty members to improve communication and resolve conflicts.
Resident Assistant at Illinois Wesleyan University, IDAug 2015 - May 2019
- Led weekly programming initiatives averaging 15 residents per event.
- Created and implemented new floor community building activities that increased resident involvement by 25%.
- Acted as liaison between residents and property management, successfully resolving 75% of concerns brought to my attention.
- Monitored the safety and well-being of 50+ residents on a daily basis.
- Trained 1 fellow Resident Assistant on emergency response procedures.
Bachelor of Science in Psychology at University of California, Los AngelesSep 2011 - May 2015
Bachelor of Science in Psychology has taught me excellent research, writing, and critical thinking skills.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Budgeting and financial management
- Conflict resolution
- Crisis management
- Student development and programming
email@example.com | (132) 280-1070 | Bend, OR
Residence Hall Director at University Housing, Oregon State University, ORMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 40 Resident Advisors in providing support to 1600 first-year students.
- Trained and developed staff through weekly 1-on-1s, monthly in-service trainings, and annual performance evaluations.
- Created and implemented floor programming designed to engage residents in community building and personal development opportunities.
- Responded to crisis situations as they arose, often working with campus partners such as Public Safety, Student Health Services, Counseling Center, etc.
- Monitors budgets for residential life programs & initiatives; utilized fiscal responsibility when planning events or purchasing supplies/equipment for the residence halls.
- Successfully advocated for additional staffing on their respective shifts which resulted in decreased response time to student concerns by 50%.
Assistant Residence Hall Director at Portland State University Housing & Residential Life, ORAug 2019 - Jan 2022
- Led a team of 10 Resident Assistants, overseeing the daily operations of a residence hall with 400 students.
- Coordinated programming and events for residents including weekly study hours, movie nights, and holiday celebrations.
- Implemented new policies and procedures related to safety and security in the residence hall.
- Responded to crisis situations involving resident health and wellbeing 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Trained staff on conflict resolution techniques.
- Facilitated monthly one-on-one check-ins with each Resident Assistant.
Resident Assistant at Eugene Mission, ORJul 2015 - Jul 2019
- Led a team of 5 other RAs in planning and executing monthly floor events.
- Successfully navigated roommate conflict resolution on 3 occasions.
- Created an effective study plan for 30 residents during midterms and finals week which resulted in 80% of the participants getting A’s or B’s in their classes.
- Led weekly meditation sessions that were attended by an average of 15 students per session.
- Planned and executed a successful holiday party for 100 guests with zero incidents.
- Trained 2 new RAs on policies, procedures, & crisis management.
Bachelor of Science in Psychology at University of OregonSep 2011 - May 2015
I have learned excellent communication, research, and writing skills while studying Bachelor of Science in Psychology.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Budgeting and financial management skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Time management