Writing a great probation officer resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own probation officer resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the probation officer job you're after.
email@example.com | (801) 333-9423 | Eau Claire, WI
I am a Probation Officer with over 3 years of experience in the field. I have worked with both juvenile and adult offenders, and have gained valuable experience in dealing with probationary cases. I am highly organized and efficient, and have an excellent ability to communicate with those under my supervision. I am also experienced in conducting investigations and preparing reports.
Senior Probation Officer at G4S Secure Solutions, WIMay 2022 - Present
- Reduced recidivism rates by 10%.
- Implemented successful rehabilitation programs for offenders.
- Successfully completed court-ordered community service projects.
- Monitors and supervised a caseload of 50+ probationers at any given time.
- Prepared detailed reports on the progress of each probationer under his/her supervision to be submitted to the courts.
- Worked closely with law enforcement, social services, and other agencies in order to best serve the needs of each offender.
Probation Officer II at The Geo Group, WISep 2019 - Apr 2022
- Successfully completed court-ordered rehabilitation programs for 80% of probationers.
- Successfully placed 60% of probationers in job training programs.
- Maintained a caseload of 100+ probationers with regular check-ins and updates to the courts.
- Worked collaboratively with local law enforcement, social service agencies, and schools to provide resources and support for at-risk youth.
- Facilitated weekly group meetings focused on anger management, life skills development, and relapse prevention techniques.
- Successfully advocated for increased funding from the city council for after school programming aimed at reducing juvenile crime rates.
High School Diploma at Waukesha North High SchoolSep 2015 - May 2019
I've learned how to read, write, and do math.
- Conflict Resolution
firstname.lastname@example.org | (260) 820-5723 | Santa Monica, CA
I am a Probation Officer with over 3 years of experience. I have worked in a variety of settings, including juvenile probation, community corrections, and reentry. I have extensive knowledge of the court system and the criminal justice process. I am passionate about helping offenders turn their lives around and prevent them from returning to prison.
Senior Probation Officer at California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, CAMar 2022 - Present
- Successfully supervised and monitored 50+ probationers at any given time.
- Worked closely with local law enforcement, courts, social services, and mental health professionals to provide resources and support to probationers.
- Successfully helped 75% of all assigned probationers avoid re-arrest within 1 year.
- Maintained accurate case files and documentation on all assigned probationers.
- Participated in weekly team meetings to discuss caseloads and share best practices.
- Conducted regular home visits, office visits, school visits, drug tests.
Probation Officer II at California Youth Authority, CASep 2019 - Jan 2022
- Successfully completed X number of probation cases.
- Successfully closed X number of high-risk probation cases.
- Achieved a 90% success rate in reducing recidivism rates among offenders on probation.
- Successfully advocated for changes in sentencing guidelines that resulted in more lenient sentences for non-violent offenders.
- Worked with community partners to develop and implement programs that provide job training and placement assistance for ex-offenders on probation.
High School Diploma at Los Angeles High School, Los Angeles, CASep 2014 - May 2019
Some skills I've learned are time management, how to study for tests, and how to do research.
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer literacy
- Critical thinking