Writing a great organist resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own organist resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the organist job you're after.
email@example.com | (291) 011-7726 | Sioux Falls, SD
I am a highly experienced Organist with over 11 years in the field. I have had the opportunity to work in churches, schools and concert halls across the country, performing classical and sacred music. I have a deep understanding of the organ and its unique capabilities, which I have used to create memorable and meaningful experiences for my audiences. I am also experienced in maintaining and tuning organs, and I have a great attention to detail, making sure the instrument is always sounding its best. My passion for music and my dedication to each performance has enabled me to develop a strong reputation as an Organist.
Lead Organist at Church Music Services, SDMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 4 organists and 2 vocalists in providing music for Sunday morning worship services, special events, and concerts.
- Arranged and led weekly rehearsals for the music team.
- Wrote original arrangements of hymns and contemporary songs for use in worship services.
- Composed an original piece of choral music which was performed at the Christmas Eve service.
- Led musical groups on 3 international mission trips.
Senior Organist at Dakota Music, SDSep 2018 - Mar 2022
- Led a choir of 50 people in weekly performances.
- Trained 3 new organists in proper technique and repertoire.
- Arranged and composed 10 new pieces for the church's musical repertoire.
- Played the pipe organ at 5 weddings and 2 funerals.
- Gave a solo performance at the citywide music festival.
Organist at Sioux City Pipe Organs, SDSep 2012 - Aug 2018
- Arranged and played music for a wedding with 400 guests.
- Played at a church service that had an attendance of 300 people.
- Prepped and performed solo pieces for Sunday morning worship services every week for 6 months.
- Led a team of 4 other musicians in weekly rehearsals for 3 months.
- Taught beginners' classes on how to play the organ.
Bachelor of Music in Organ Performance at South Dakota State University, SDAug 2008 - May 2012
I have learned how to play the organ and how to read music.
- Music Theory
firstname.lastname@example.org | (641) 116-7470 | Seattle, WA
I am an experienced Organist with over 11 years of experience in playing the organ and providing musical accompaniment for various types of religious services and events. I have a strong background in musical theory, applied techniques, and musical improvisation. My goal is to create a beautiful and meaningful musical experience for those in attendance. My experience includes playing the organ for Catholic, Protestant, and nondenominational services, as well as accompanying choirs and vocal soloists. I have also been involved in numerous special events, such as weddings and funerals. I am well-versed in a variety of styles, from classical to contemporary. I have a passion for music and am dedicated to providing a unique and uplifting musical experience for all who attend.
Lead Organist at Pacific Lutheran University, WAApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 5 organists in providing music for Sunday morning services, special events, and concerts.
- Played the pipe organ for an average of 3 hours per week over the course of 10 years.
- Arranged and led bi-weekly rehearsals for the church choir.
- Composed original works specifically tailored to the strengths of the choir.
- Led worship at weekly Wednesday night service.
- Maintained upkeep on three different organs.
Senior Organist at University of Washington, WAJul 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 4 organists and 2 assistant organists in performing at Sunday services, weddings, and funerals.
- Played the pipe organ for an annual holiday concert that attracted over 1,000 people.
- Trained 3 new assistant organists in proper technique and repertoire.
- Selected music for worship services that enhanced the overall message being preached.
- Arranged special musical performances on Easter and Christmas Eve that were well-received by parishioners.
- Wrote a monthly column for the church newsletter highlighting different aspects of church music.
Organist at Seattle Pacific University, WAJul 2012 - Jun 2019
- Arranged and played music for a wedding with over 200 guests in attendance.
- Played at a local church every Sunday for 10 years.
- Taught beginner piano lessons to 5 students aged 8-10.
- Performed in front of an audience of 2,000 people as part of a symphony orchestra.
- Composed original piece "The Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies" which was performed by the school choir.
- Accompanied high school musicals such as "Grease", "Annie", and "Into the Woods".
Bachelor of Music in Organ Performance at University of Washington, WAAug 2008 - May 2012
I have learned how to play the organ, read music, and perform in front of an audience.
- Music Theory