firstname.lastname@example.org | (980) 886-3369 | Phoenix, AZ
Ophthalmologist at Mayo Clinic, AZJun 2022 - Present
- Trained over 100 medical students in ophthalmology.
- Performed over 1,000 cataract surgeries.
- Led a team of 5 surgeons in performing vision correction surgery on 50 patients.
- Successfully treated 500 cases of glaucoma.
- Authored 3 papers published in leading ophthalmology journals.
- Presented at 10 national and international conferences.
Ophthalmology Resident at Banner Health, AZJul 2019 - Apr 2022
- Trained under some of the most renowned ophthalmologists in the country.
- Attended over 300 surgeries.
- Conducted 50 independent eye examinations.
- Presented research findings at 3 national conferences.
- Authored 2 papers that were published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Won an award for best resident research project.
Ophthalmology Fellow at John C. Lincoln Health Network, AZSep 2015 - Jun 2019
- Trained 5 ophthalmology residents.
- Led 3 departmental committees.
- Published 12 papers in peer-reviewed journals.
- Gave 25 presentations at national conferences.
- Performed 1,000 surgeries.
Doctor of Medicine in Ophthalmology at University of ArizonaAug 2011 - May 2015
I have learned how to conduct a comprehensive ophthalmic examination, how to interpret the findings, and how to formulate a diagnosis and management plan.
- Medical knowledge
- Ocular anatomy and physiology
- Pathology of the eye
- Diagnostic testing
- Surgical skills
- Communication skills
email@example.com | (514) 908-9906 | Ridgeland, MS
Ophthalmologist at Mississippi Eyecare Associates, MSApr 2022 - Present
- Performed over 500 successful cataract surgeries.
- Corrected vision for hundreds of patients with glasses or contact lenses.
- Trained other ophthalmologists in new surgical techniques.
- Wrote a textbook on ocular anatomy and physiology.
- Presented at international conferences on the latest advancements in eye surgery.
Ophthalmology Resident at Deen-Gross Eye Centers, MSAug 2019 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 3 residents in completing over 200 patient evaluations in the emergency room over the course of one month.
- Managed and operated on 20 cataract patients independently, with positive outcomes for all procedures.
- Trained 5 new ophthalmology residents on proper examination techniques and diagnostic methods.
- Assisted senior surgeons in 15 retina surgeries, gaining valuable experience in this complex area of ophthalmology.
- Presented research findings at 2 national conferences, highlighting work completed on novel treatments for macular degeneration.
Ophthalmology Fellow at Ophthalmology Associates of Mississippi, MSAug 2015 - Jul 2019
- Led a study that resulted in a new surgical technique for treating macular degeneration – this technique is now used by surgeons worldwide.
- Conducted research that led to the development of a new medication for glaucoma – this medication is now on the market and helping patients all over the world.
- Wrote groundbreaking paper on the treatment of diabetic retinopathy – this paper has been cited hundreds of times by other researchers.
- Trained dozens of ophthalmology residents in advanced surgical techniques – many of these residents have gone on to become successful surgeons themselves.
- Helped develop an innovative program to provide free eye care services to underserved populations in developing countries.
Doctor of Medicine in Ophthalmology at University of Mississippi School of MedicineAug 2010 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are: how to take care of patients, how to communicate with patients, how to do research, and how to teach.
- Ocular anatomy
- Ocular physiology
- Visual acuity testing
- Slit lamp examination
- Tonometry (measuring intraocular pressure)