Writing a great nursing supervisor resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own nursing supervisor resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the nursing supervisor job you're after.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (302) 525-7601 | Gaithersburg, MD
I have over 5 years of experience as a Nursing Supervisor. In my role, I am responsible for supervising the nursing staff and ensuring that patient care is delivered in a safe and efficient manner. I also collaborate with other members of the health care team to ensure that patients receive the best possible care. In addition to my clinical skills, I possess strong leadership and communication skills which enable me to effectively manage my team and deliver high quality patient care.
Nursing Supervisor at Adventist HealthCare, MDJun 2022 - Present
- Led team of 20 nurses and 5 nurse assistants in providing direct patient care for up to 100 patients per shift.
- Supervised staff scheduling, time off requests, and daily workflow assignments.
- Monitored individual employee performance and provided feedback/coaching as needed.
- Investigated complaints against nursing staff members and took appropriate disciplinary action when warranted.
- Assisted in the development and implementation of new policies & procedures related to patient care.
- Participated in monthly departmental meetings to review quality improvement initiatives.
Assistant Nursing Supervisor at The Johns Hopkins Health System, MDJul 2017 - May 2022
- Led a staff of 50 nurses and 10 CNAs.
- Hired and trained new nursing staff members.
- Implemented new policies and procedures to improve patient care.
- Created staffing schedules that optimized coverage while minimizing overtime costs.
- Investigated complaints from patients or their families, took corrective action when necessary, and documented findings.
- Monitored individual nurse performance metrics and provided feedback/coaching as needed.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing at University of Maryland, BaltimoreSep 2013 - May 2017
I have learned excellent clinical skills, time management, teamwork, and critical thinking while studying my Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
email@example.com | (396) 601-1733 | 1501 Tyler St, Amarillo, TX 79106, USA
I have over 5 years of experience as a Nursing Supervisor. In my role, I am responsible for supervising the nursing staff and ensuring that patient care is delivered in a safe and efficient manner. I have extensive knowledge of the nursing process and hospital policies and procedures. I am an excellent communicator and possess strong leadership qualities. I am dedicated to providing quality patient care and strive to create a positive work environment for my team members
Nursing Supervisor at Baylor Scott & White Health, TXApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 15 nurses in providing care for 75 patients.
- Implemented new policies and procedures that improved patient outcomes by X%.
- Trained 5 new nurses on proper protocol and techniques.
- Reduced medication errors by Y% through better organization and communication among the nursing staff.
- Won “Nurse of the Year” award from hospital administration.
Assistant Nursing Supervisor at Texas Health Resources, TXAug 2017 - Mar 2022
- Reduced staff turnover by 15% through improved communication and mentorship.
- Led team of 50 nurses in providing care to 400 patients.
- Implemented new patient safety protocols that reduced hospital-acquired infections by 10%.
- Trained new hires on department policies and procedures.
- Developed shift schedules that increased coverage during peak times while reducing overtime costs.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Baylor University, TXSep 2012 - May 2017
I have learned how to effectively communicate with patients and families, how to work as part of a team, and how to provide high-quality care.