Writing a great nursing resume is important because it is one of the first things a potential employer will see when they are considering you for a position. It is your opportunity to make a good first impression and sell yourself as the best candidate for the job.
Create your resume
Select from 7 professional resume templates
If you're looking for inspiration when it comes to drafting your own nursing resume, look no further than the samples below. These resumes will help you highlight your experience and qualifications in the most effective way possible, giving you the best chance of landing the nursing job you're after.
email@example.com | (789) 577-0338 | Bloomington, MN
I am a professional nurse with over 1 year of experience. I have worked in various settings, including hospitals, clinics, and home care. I have developed strong clinical skills and knowledge base during my career thus far. In addition, I possess excellent communication abilities which allow me to effectively interact with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals. These attributes make me an ideal candidate for any nursing position.
Nursing Manager at Allina Health, MNMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 50 nurses and achieved a 97% patient satisfaction rating.
- Managed the budget for the nursing department and saved $500,000 over two years.
- Implemented new policies that decreased hospital-acquired infections by 75%.
- Hired and trained 3 new nurse managers.
- Reduced turnover by 10% in one year.
- Earned Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Assistant Nursing Manager at Fairview Health Services, MNJul 2021 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 12 nurses in providing care to 60 patients on an acute medical-surgical unit.
- Acted as preceptor for 5 new graduate nurses, orienting them to the unit and helping them develop into competent staff members.
- Demonstrated expertise in patient assessment, wound care management, and IV therapy administration.
- Collaborated with physicians and other health care professionals to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Assisted in developing and implementing policies and procedures related to infection control measures.
- Successfully reduced hospital-acquired infections by 30% over a 6-month period.
Associate Degree in Nursing at Metropolitan State University, MNAug 2016 - May 2021
Some skills I've learned are critical thinking, problem solving, time management, and teamwork.
- Patient Care
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Nursing Process
firstname.lastname@example.org | (833) 168-4076 | Baltimore, MD
A caring and experienced nurse with over 1 year of experience working in a hospital setting. I have provided quality care to patients of all ages, helping them through their recoveries. I am passionate about nursing and committed to providing the best possible care to my patients. I am a strong advocate for patient rights and ensure that they are always respected. I work well under pressure and can handle any situation that may arise.
Nursing Manager at Johns Hopkins School of Nursing, MDMar 2022 - Present
- Led a team of 20 nurses and achieved a 95% satisfaction rating from patients.
- Cut costs by 15% while still providing high-quality patient care.
- Increased the efficiency of the department by 30%.
- Trained and mentored 5 new nursing managers.
- Wrote 3 proposals that were accepted by the hospital board.
Assistant Nursing Manager at University of Maryland School of Nursing, MDSep 2021 - Jan 2022
- Led a team of 30 nurses and 10 CNAs in providing high-quality patient care.
- Supervised the daily operations of the nursing staff.
- Monitored patients' progress and reported any changes to the attending physician.
- Created and implemented policies and procedures to improve efficiency and quality of care.
- Trained new employees on proper techniques for patient care.
Associate Degree in Nursing at Anne Arundel Community CollegeSep 2016 - May 2021
Some skills I've learned are critical thinking, time management, communication, and teamwork.
- Patient care
- Critical thinking
- Interpersonal skills