email@example.com | (954) 762-9064 | Fairfield, IA
Nurse Consultant at Nurse Consultants of Iowa, IAApr 2022 - Present
- Led a team of nurses in developing and implementing new policies and procedures that resulted in a 20% decrease in patient falls.
- Conducted educational sessions for hospital staff on evidence-based fall prevention strategies that led to more than 200 employees being trained.
- Created and piloted a new patient education program on fall prevention that was later adopted by the hospital.
- Authored an article on preventing patient falls published in the Journal of Nursing Administration.
- Presented at national conferences on topics related to reducing patient Falls.
- Served as co-chair of the Hospital Fall Prevention Task Force.
Senior Nurse Consultant at Nursing Consultants of Iowa, IAAug 2020 - Mar 2022
- Led a team of 15 nurses in providing care to 200 patients with varying medical conditions.
- Successfully implemented a new electronic health record system that improved patient care and decreased charting time by 30%.
- Trained 50 new staff members on the electronic health record system.
- Decreased hospital-acquired infections by 10% through implementation of evidence-based practices.
- Led quality improvement initiatives that resulted in a decrease in length of stay for surgical patients by 2 days.
- Presented at national conference on effective ways to implement an EHR.
Lead Nurse Consultant at Iowa Nurse Consultants, IASep 2015 - Jun 2020
- Led a team of nurses in providing care to 100 patients with diverse needs.
- Successfully implemented new policies and procedures that improved patient outcomes by 20%.
- Trained 10 new nurses on proper clinical documentation and charting.
- Led a quality improvement initiative that reduced hospital-acquired infections by 50%.
- Coordinated discharge planning for 200 patients per month, reducing length of stay by an average of 2 days per patient.
- Acted as liaison between nursing staff and administration, successfully resolving conflict 75% of the time.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing at University of IowaAug 2010 - May 2015
Some skills I've learned are critical thinking, time management, teamwork, and effective communication.
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Change Management
firstname.lastname@example.org | (123) 655-0304 | Cedar Rapids, IA
Nurse Consultant at Nurse Consultant IA, IAMay 2022 - Present
- Led a team of nurses in developing and implementing an evidence-based care protocol for patients with heart failure. The protocol was successful in reducing the 30-day readmission rate by 20%.
- Conducted a study on the impact of nurse staffing levels on patient outcomes. The study found that increasing nurse staffing levels by 10% led to a decrease in mortality rates by 5%.
- Successfully implemented a new electronic medical records system for a large hospital. The implementation resulted in increased efficiency and decreased errors in patient care.
- Led a team of nurses in developing and implementing an evidence-based pain management protocol for cancer patients. Theprotocolwas successfulinreducingpainlevelsby 50%forpatientswhofollowedit..
- Conductedaqualityimprovementprojectonpreventingcentrallineassociatedbloodstreaminfections(CLABSI).The projectresultedinareductionof CLABSIby40%.
Senior Nurse Consultant at Nurse Consultant Jobs IA, IAJul 2020 - Apr 2022
- Led a team of 20 nurses in providing care to 200 patients with chronic conditions.
- Successfully implemented a new evidence-based practice protocol that reduced length of stay by 2 days.
- Reduced hospital readmissions by 10% through implementation of discharge planning program.
- Coordinated and led monthly educational meetings for nursing staff on various topics related to chronic disease management.
- Authored an article on effective ways to manage stress in the workplace which was published in the American Journal of Nursing.
Lead Nurse Consultant at Nurse Consultant Services IA, IAAug 2015 - May 2020
- Led a team of nurses in developing and implementing a new patient care system that resulted in a 25% increase in efficiency.
- Trained and mentored 50 new nurses on the new patient care system.
- Developed and implemented a new staffing model that increased staff satisfaction by 20%.
- Led quality improvement initiatives that decreased hospital-acquired infections by 15%.
- Successfully advocated for additional resources from administration, resulting in an extra $1 million budget for the nursing department.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing at University of IowaSep 2010 - May 2015
I have learned how to communicate effectively with patients and families, how to work as part of a team, and how to provide high-quality nursing care.
- Health Care